Help me decide which rooster to keep! UDATE!!! THEY WERE SAVED!!!

Year of the Rooster

Sebright Savvy
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
West Central Ohio
Sadly, I can't decide between two roosters that I really like. I can only keep one silkie rooster, as the rest will be getting butchered on Thursday
hit.gif
Two of them I don't mind because of the major faults but these two are really nice and I'd hate to see the one I reject die. I am sad about them being butchered, but i'm worried that I may make the mistake of keeping the wrong rooster, as far as good traits go. Could you please help me?

Rooster #1
P9010023.jpg

P9010009.jpg

P9010007.jpg

P9010008.jpg

Rooster #2
P1010002-1.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010013-1.jpg

P1010003-1.jpg

These were ordered from Ideal Hatchery so I do not expect them to be great quality. If needed, I can post a video of them. Thanks for any opinions, and if someone is interested they may take whatever roo I decide not to keep, as long as they can pick it up.

Last edited:
i say number 2 as he looks more fluffed out like a silkie the 1st one looks like it isnt as fluffed out, and number 2 looks so much more witer i like it

Sorry about you have to chose ( I surely couldn't pick just one) but maybe someone will take the other roo off your hands so you know it's in a good place. I would go with rooster #2

They look so similar that I would concur that you might consider keeping the friendliest roo that gets along well with your other birds.

Suzy

frow.gif

Number one has a slightly darker comb... but number 2 had better foot feathering and what looks like it will be a fuller tail. But keep the one with the better personality and temperament with the girls
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom