Help me make up my mind.... ever own a Great Dane?

Danes are so cool! I love 'em. But they're pretty short lived and it's hard to lose them so soon. I tend to go with smaller dogs...they live longer and you can pick 'em up and love on 'em :)

My experience with danes was a friend who raised them. I don't think she had a very good bloodline though, because they were prone to joint problems and were always at the vet for something. They couldn't take the winter cold and they couldn't take the heat and humidity of summer in Central Wisconsin. Unless they were in her air conditioned house, they seemes to be always shivering or panting depending on the season.

We had one that was a rescue when I was growing up. He was wonderful, even after all the physical abuse he went through. If I was offered one out of a litter I would take them up on it for sure. Gentle as could be.

Danes are so cool! I love 'em. But they're pretty short lived and it's hard to lose them so soon. I tend to go with smaller dogs...they live longer and you can pick 'em up and love on 'em :)

This is the hardest part for me. At 6, my guy is considered a "senior" and with limited mobility already, I am afraid he doesn't have many years left.
hit.gif

Here's our boys from last year. I can't seem to find a decent shot of the dog standing up. Lol. My son is 3 in that picture. And the dog is 5 and 220 lbs. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom