Help me plan a Super Swap

GracefulBantams

Hatching and Showing
13 Years
Oct 10, 2007
Oklahoma
We have had two Super Swaps so far, and I think they both went pretty well. Now, we need to plan another one!
big_smile.png

So, who wants to throw some ideas out here? We need time and date, along with any other suggestions
smile.png

I missed the second one and I picked up some really cute chicken fabric in the scrap bin at WalMart, and it's not little pieces!
One thing I thought would work was being able to list what you have to offer so people could take a choice rather than list 1 item, wait 15 minutes, list another item, wait 15 minutes and eventually list something someone would want.
Also in the rules stick to "If you don't want it be quiet someone else does". I left the first one because of rude comments and they just don't belong in the swap. Play nice should be the first rule.
On trying to keep even with values, that is almost impossible to do. I think if someone wants something they should take it and offer what they have without having to worry about someone getting upset because they took a $25 bracelet but offered a $10 belt. Whoever takes the belt values it, period.

Well said
clap.gif

It is especially hard to put a value on things that you didn't 'get at WalMart' like homemade items, a service, plants, or even eggs!

I like July 15th. That will give me time to get VBS finished and maybe find some worthy stuff here and pick up some stuff while out on the 14th.

I also like the idea of listing what we have, but maybe only half of our list at a time, that way it keeps everyone in suspense of the next thing up. Maybe list say 3 or 4 things at a time.....?

ETA I hope she means EST, otherwise I'll miss most of it, that would be 11 pm here when it started
sad.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I totally agree!!! I have not joined the super swaps due to the first one, within an hour the rude comments were already flyin! And the whole well I offered this at this value and you offered this at that value it so wrong to me! I think if you offered it you can't say that the person who takes has to offer an equal value item. I would love to get some great stuff and I would offer up some irises. They have little value to me....as I have a ton of them but to another they may be valuable! I just wish we could all have fun with out the rude comments! Or item bashing. Thats just MPO. If there is another super swap I will definitely be watching.
big_smile.png

Thanks for the comments; they all sound good
smile.png

I think we all need to remember to take care of ourselves before we try to take care of others. As long as you are offering an item that you feel is a good trade, then no one should say that you can't offer it (unless, of course, it was something that violated forum rules
wink.png
). If you happen to not 'like' an item that is being offered, or the way that it is being offered in, please keep your comments to yourself - in 15 minutes, a new item will be offered, anyway
big_smile.png

The previous paragraph was not intended toward anyone in particular, in fact, I think we all have learned our lesson after the first Super Swap. I just decided to have it written out, if there ever was any question about what can be offered
wink.png

Oh its not that I think irises are invaluable, I just have a ton of them. I guess I mean if purple irises where to come up on the swap I would not be excited. Now if black irises came up.....they would be mine!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
I hope you all understand what I mean.

I would have to offer
purple irises
mixed eggs
EE eggs
possibly sizzle eggs (they have not been proven, got some cookin in the bator now!!!!!)
DVDs
Books
and strawberry starts.

Does this interest anyone?
113.gif

Back
Top Bottom