Help me please! Is my Rooster dying?

No more lice, Giving him vitamins, and he is much worse, I know he’s not gonna make it, This is one of the hardest Things to watch. I’ve had chickens die, but never of a sickness like this, he is suffering I guess rest in peace Picasso.
image.jpg

No more lice, Giving him vitamins, and he is much worse, I know he’s not gonna make it, This is one of the hardest Things to watch. I’ve had chickens die, but never of a sickness like this, he is suffering I guess rest in peace Picasso.
View attachment 1890236
I'm so sorry.

If he's in pain and suffering, it would be a kindness to go ahead an put him out of his misery. I know sometimes that a hard thing to think about.

To find out what has happened, sending the body to your state lab for further examination would be a good idea.

View attachment 1890236
Would you please tell us what state you are in? You could take him to your state poultry lab for humane euthanasia, necropsy and lab work to know exactly what ailed him. If he dies, they can send you a FedEx label for shipping to the lab.

What happened to this sweet boy?

This summer I lost my alpha hen in a similar manner. She declined rapidly and was very weak and unresponsive in less than two days. I sent her to UC Davis lab for necropsy and it turns out she had a acute infection that went septic. Do you think that’s a possibility for your rooster?

Back
Top Bottom