TheChicksinc

Hatching
Jan 28, 2018
I just got a Some chicks at the local feed store yesterday they were all fine peeping like normal and doing normal chick things but today (the next day) one of them a crested polish is suddenly not doing to hot. It won’t stand like normal and had its eyes closed all the time aside from once in a while and does peep. Right now I have it im a box all warm and feeding some vitiman/sugar water with a dropped. What short I Do

Hi! I'm sorry your chick is having trouble. There are lots of knowledgeable people here, so I hope someone can come to your rescue soon! While you await an answer try and provide us with even more info.

Are any other chicks showing signs of distress?
Post a picture of your brooder setup if you can.
What is the temperature? Is there a hot zone and a cold zone?
What type of food do they have?
What type of bedding?
Is the chick breathing with mouth open or closed?
Is the chick moving or walking in any unusual way?
Does the chick have poop stuck to it's vent?

You are doing your best. Keep it up.

1. No none of the others are showning anything
2. I can take pictures at the moment since my camera is broken
3. It is a fairly warm area that is in
4. Chick Starter
5. Wood Chips
6. It is breathing normaly
7. Yes it is it is walking like on it’s legs flatly
8. No I have already checked

Alrighty and they do have areas that are cooler and warmer pluse update the chick is peeping more plus standing up and walking a bit

Probably a ridiculous question but are you providing enough grit? Or are you giving too much grit? Chicks can shows signs of that condition when having things like this happen. Also, make sure only half of the brooder is covered so the chicks can go from heat when too hot.

Welcome to BYC. Sorry for the problem. Constant peeping and a hunched up stanch can be an indicator of a chilled chick. As already stated at this point in life they need an ambient temperature around 90 F. A warm room and a blanket is probably not enough.

We have not been giving it grit and we don’t have a heat lamp yet but be put a 70watt black light in there as well

Back
Top Bottom