Help me save this baby chick

Big country 100

Hatching
Sep 12, 2020
Weak sick baby chick I think she stands when she sleeps when she tries to chirp no sound comes out I have her on save a Chick electrolytes please help me it's my daughter's favorite i don't know what to do

It would help to know exactly how old the chick is. How many other chicks? Are they in a brooder? How large?

What is the heat source? Is this chick pooping? What are you feeding, including any and all extras such as fruit or veggies or other things.

To immediately help a weak chick, give it warm sugar water by dribbling it onto the side of the beak with a Q-tip. Better than doing that would be to take a narrow syringe and dribble the fluid into the tiny beak from the right side.

There may be other issues with this chick, but we need more information from you to try to determine what they might be.

It would help to know exactly how old the chick is. How many other chicks? Are they in a brooder? How large?

What is the heat source? Is this chick pooping? What are you feeding, including any and all extras such as fruit or veggies or other things.

To immediately help a weak chick, give it warm sugar water by dribbling it onto the side of the beak with a Q-tip. Better than doing that would be to take a narrow syringe and dribble the fluid into the tiny beak from the right side.

There may be other issues with this chick, but we need more information from you to try to determine what they might be.

Heat source is a heat lamp I believe they are Broder's they're a little over 8 weeks old I think they're just starting to hop out of a little kids pool And they're eating start and grow Purina food

Weak sick baby chick I think she stands when she sleeps when she tries to chirp no sound comes out I have her on save a Chick electrolytes please help me it's my daughter's favorite i don't know what to do
Pictures, & or video will help us figure out what's going on?

At eight weeks, they no longer require a heat lamp. Overheating can kill chicks or at least, make them sick. Remove the heat lamp.

Feel this chick's crop. It's the bulge on the chest wall that hangs a bit to the right. Then compare it to the other chicks. Is this chick's crop very large and hard and lumpy?

Are you giving your chicks chick grit? It comes in a bag and you get it at Tractor Supply. If the chicks eat anything besides chick food, not getting grit can cause the crop to impact. The result is a sick chick.

Back
Top Bottom