Help me settle a debate with my husband!

I say this is a rooster. We have 3 that look the same. He says it is a hen. We got them at Tractor Supply in April. And all were supposed to be hens. Thanks for any help!
You win. That is definitely a rooster.
hmm.png

Here is a picture of the 3 I think are all roosters.
Yup. All roosters.

Quote: How many hens versus roos? I wouldn't keep that many roos if it was me. I have 10 hens and 1 roo. My roo is going to stick around for a while before he's culled. Right now he's behaving himself overall and doing a good job of protecting his flock.

Yes from Tractor Supply. We got them for my daughter. they turned into mine as I figured they would. So now we have 5 Roos and 3 hens. Yes I know we need to get rid of the Roos. We were going to keep 1. We had been talking about getting some more hens. Now this help decide how many more to get.

Isn't that always how it works with pets for the kids lol. My son wanted a dog, but I mostly take care of her and she's "claimed me" as hers. She sleeps with my son every night, lays next to me all day, he gives her some attention and helps feed/water and let her outside/inside some, but I take on the majority of responsibilities (I knew going into it I would though). My son loves to look at the chickens, but he will NOT hold or interact with them. Most of that is a sensory issue for him, but he does enjoy learning about them and seeing the eggs we've been getting!

Quote: Yea, I've heard some nightmare stories from Tractor Supply too, which is why I avoided them when looking for my babies. I got mine from a hardware store that also carries some livestock (a small local business), and I doubt I'll make that mistake again since I found out they all come from hatcheries and the Ameraucanas are NOT Ameraucanas, they're EE (I love my EE all the same, but I was sorely disappointed in being deceived). I'm sorry you have had a bad day, hope it gets better!

Back
Top Bottom