1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help me settle a debate with my husband!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ashwoody, Sep 13, 2015.

1. ashwoody

ashwoody Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2015
    Michigan
    Thanks everyone. Yes very crappy luck. But my 3 girls are great layers! Now to decide what to do with them :-/

2. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY
    You win. That is definitely a rooster. [​IMG]

Yup. All roosters.

1 person likes this.
  3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    x2

4. chickmomma03

chickmomma03 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    Quote: How many hens versus roos? I wouldn't keep that many roos if it was me. I have 10 hens and 1 roo. My roo is going to stick around for a while before he's culled. Right now he's behaving himself overall and doing a good job of protecting his flock.

5. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Let me guess?????? You bought them at Tractor Supply???

6. chickmomma03

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    Quote: She said that in her first post, they came from Tractor Supply.[​IMG]

7. ashwoody

ashwoody Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2015
    Michigan
    Yes from Tractor Supply. We got them for my daughter. they turned into mine as I figured they would. So now we have 5 Roos and 3 hens. Yes I know we need to get rid of the Roos. We were going to keep 1. We had been talking about getting some more hens. Now this help decide how many more to get.

8. chickmomma03

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    Isn't that always how it works with pets for the kids lol. My son wanted a dog, but I mostly take care of her and she's "claimed me" as hers. She sleeps with my son every night, lays next to me all day, he gives her some attention and helps feed/water and let her outside/inside some, but I take on the majority of responsibilities (I knew going into it I would though). My son loves to look at the chickens, but he will NOT hold or interact with them. Most of that is a sensory issue for him, but he does enjoy learning about them and seeing the eggs we've been getting!

9. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

. OMG! I missed that little fact! Well my day has not been a good one...... But, I was right...... I have my own night mare stories from that store[​IMG]

10. chickmomma03

Aug 8, 2015
    North Carolina
    Quote: Yea, I've heard some nightmare stories from Tractor Supply too, which is why I avoided them when looking for my babies. I got mine from a hardware store that also carries some livestock (a small local business), and I doubt I'll make that mistake again since I found out they all come from hatcheries and the Ameraucanas are NOT Ameraucanas, they're EE (I love my EE all the same, but I was sorely disappointed in being deceived). I'm sorry you have had a bad day, hope it gets better!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by