HELP; muscovy yolk rupture or sticky chick?!

Aww. I’m so very sorry. It seemed to be improving... you’ve done so much for that little duckling and done your very best. I really do feel it wouldn’t have lived this long without you help. Sometimes they just fail to thrive. It’s not at all your fault, you’ve done so good! Best of luck with your flock. Well wishes and support to your flock as well. If you ever want to talk about anything pm me I’ll be here.
:hit:(:hugs
-Rachel
Edited because I wanted to add that you’ve given that little duckling a great life! Be content in the fact that you gave it lots of love and took very good care of it.

Thank you for your incredibly kind and sensitive message Rachel. We had a good old cuddle and cry when I got home. You can't help questioning all the decisions you made when things don't turn out so having you follow and root for us and sending all your loving messages has been a great comfort, thank you so much.

I love you flock it sounds like such a fun little mixture and guinea fowl seem to be so popular, I think they're so pretty. We have 9 Calls, my first is 8 in September! Still hoping to get those beautiful Muscovies to free range (we daren't leave the Calls unattended in our area) and get silly tail wags. The eggs incubating now were flown here (I wouldn't have got them had I realised!) and their air cells are almost saddled to the middle on each side, first candling is tonight, I couldn't bear see them empty last night!

Again, thank you for all your love 💗

Thank you for your incredibly kind and sensitive message Rachel. We had a good old cuddle and cry when I got home. You can't help questioning all the decisions you made when things don't turn out so having you follow and root for us and sending all your loving messages has been a great comfort, thank you so much.

I love you flock it sounds like such a fun little mixture and guinea fowl seem to be so popular, I think they're so pretty. We have 9 Calls, my first is 8 in September! Still hoping to get those beautiful Muscovies to free range (we daren't leave the Calls unattended in our area) and get silly tail wags. The eggs incubating now were flown here (I wouldn't have got them had I realised!) and their air cells are almost saddled to the middle on each side, first candling is tonight, I couldn't bear see them empty last night!

Again, thank you for all your love 💗
I know exactly how you feel. I’ve been in your situation and questioned my every choice and thought about what I could have done different. Most all the time we couldn’t have done anything more than what we already did. It’s always hard and I know how much you cared about that little duckling you fought really hard for it and got it a long ways. Some people aren’t so considerate but I’m like you, I feel I have to give them the best chance possible and fight really hard for them. I know when I lost my little call duckling a couple weeks ago it absolutely broke my heart. Taking that close of care of something gets you really attached. My flock is great I absolutely love all of them. The guineas are really great protectors, if any animal or anything is in our yard they let us know. They seem to want to protect the calls and the rest of the flock. I am able to free range my calls during the day but I think it’s mostly due to the guineas being right at their sides at all times. Again I’m very happy to provide support and follow along, I’m really sorry the little duckling didn’t make it. I always spend some extra time with my flock when I’m sad and it really does help. I’d love to see some pictures of your calls some time I bet they’re beautiful! I’m really hoping you get some muscovies they are beautiful ducks! Best of luck with your hatch I’ll follow along and keep my fingers crossed that you get some ducklings out of it. :fl :hugs
-Rachel

I know exactly how you feel. I’ve been in your situation and questioned my every choice and thought about what I could have done different. Most all the time we couldn’t have done anything more than what we already did. It’s always hard and I know how much you cared about that little duckling you fought really hard for it and got it a long ways. Some people aren’t so considerate but I’m like you, I feel I have to give them the best chance possible and fight really hard for them. I know when I lost my little call duckling a couple weeks ago it absolutely broke my heart. Taking that close of care of something gets you really attached. My flock is great I absolutely love all of them. The guineas are really great protectors, if any animal or anything is in our yard they let us know. They seem to want to protect the calls and the rest of the flock. I am able to free range my calls during the day but I think it’s mostly due to the guineas being right at their sides at all times. Again I’m very happy to provide support and follow along, I’m really sorry the little duckling didn’t make it. I always spend some extra time with my flock when I’m sad and it really does help. I’d love to see some pictures of your calls some time I bet they’re beautiful! I’m really hoping you get some muscovies they are beautiful ducks! Best of luck with your hatch I’ll follow along and keep my fingers crossed that you get some ducklings out of it. :fl :hugs
-Rachel

I'm sorry about your little Call duckling. They're so perfect its hard to think anything could happen to them, yet worry anything could happen to them at the same time! I've got a couple of videos of my old boy Edwin you might enjoy 😊 Taken 4 years apart! Its a little brown flock we keep 😂
I had such saddled eggs arrive I gave up hope but I just candled day 9 after seeing nothing on day 7 and they're developing, I've made a whole new thread of joy on them seeing if anyone has any tips 😂 Thank you for the offer of a chat and being here with me. I'm ready to hand these eggs over to my partner they're such a state I can't bear it and I wasn't even with Kane when he passed. How many Call ducklings did you hatch? I've been kept in the loop by people who had some eggs from me and that in itself has been a roller coaster!

I'm sorry about your little Call duckling. They're so perfect its hard to think anything could happen to them, yet worry anything could happen to them at the same time! I've got a couple of videos of my old boy Edwin you might enjoy 😊 Taken 4 years apart! Its a little brown flock we keep 😂
I had such saddled eggs arrive I gave up hope but I just candled day 9 after seeing nothing on day 7 and they're developing, I've made a whole new thread of joy on them seeing if anyone has any tips 😂 Thank you for the offer of a chat and being here with me. I'm ready to hand these eggs over to my partner they're such a state I can't bear it and I wasn't even with Kane when he passed. How many Call ducklings did you hatch? I've been kept in the loop by people who had some eggs from me and that in itself has been a roller coaster!
Those videos were absolutely adorable! Edwin and the other duck in the video are absolutely charming! I love my calls but they’re so fragile as babies. I actually ordered 6 of mine as ducklings through the post and added 3 more I lost two. They are precious! I’m hoping to hatch some of their offspring soon! I’m sorry you’re having a hard time with your eggs I hope things work out for you! I’d like to sell eggs but would like to hear about how the ducklings do. :)
I had to edit this because it cut off my post!:idunno

Back
Top Bottom