HELP!! MY BABY DUCK COULD BE HUNTED FOR SPORT BEHIND MY BACK!!!!!

Matilda hen

Songster
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Ireland
My Coop
My Coop
well i have a 1 week old mallard duckling! we didnt know what she was until she hatched! our fears are that she will be hunted. every sunday at a fied behind our house there are hunters! they will shoot anything! a duck would be a priza catch for them! bella is a mallard and if she manages to fly , they will shoot her! we cant pen her in , and clipping her wings would be pointless as she could still hop in to the field or swim across the ditch! if she did and i waasnt there they would happily shoot her to eat! i love her and could not live with this! i need these fears for her adult life to end!! please how can i prevent this the hunters say if its on there land they can shoot it? there is no reasoning! help?

the thing is , if she wanders on there land they legally can do what they want! and stuffing her is worse again! they have been known to shoot mallards! that must be why?! and i guess ill have to do something before shes big! :/
hmm.png

They do eat mallards and they are not shot just to "stuff".Contacting law enforcement would be useless unless the hunters came on your property or shot your duck while it was on your property. Your safest bet is to do as suggested and build a secure pen or enclosure. Good luck.

thankyou collardgreen , i did tghink they ate them! and i knoiw about the law , its silly she is a pet , part of the family and its ridiculous that she should be caged beacause they cant go to the supermarket instead!!!
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom