Help my drake won't stand up!!

Thank you all for your support. I'm still upset, but getting there. Sometimes I'm wondering if I hadn't tube fed him he would have experienced none of the stress (which I think pushed him along) but then since he wasn't eating at all would he had pulled through?
My other duck is still hanging on. She stopped eating and she is wasting away but trying to tube feed her would definitely kill her because she's not used to be handled at all. We didn't hatch her. So I pumped her water with all sorts: electrolytes, poultry vitamins, charcoal and brewer's yeast and a handful of pellets that go mushy in the bottom... just in case... I change this everyday. She's not compulsively drinking anymore, just normal drinking, and this morning all 4 (surviving) ducks had a warm bath with epsom salts and she was so happy. She even tried to beat her wings but her balance is no good. Also managed to preen a bit but she can't reach her tail feathers. Finally she ate a bit of coriander that I dropped in the water... so fingers crossed...

You did so much, focus on the happy memories of his entire life, not the last few frantic days.

by posting here you have saved and helped many people who will come here after you desperate for help and guidance. Even your errors become gifts.

Please let us know anything else you learn about this situation, any test results you got afterwards. It may send someone else in the right direction.

you are in my prayers and I share your grief, as do many here. You were a wonderful caregiver, don't let regret make you forget that.

Back
Top Bottom