HELP MY DUCK CAN'T WALK, BUT SHE CAN STAND HAVE A LOOK AT HER X-RAY

willl

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 21, 2013

MY DUCK CAN'T WALK, BUT SHE CAN STAND SHE DID HAVE A FALL I HAVE HAD HER X-RAYED AND MY VET DONT SEEM TO KNOW WHATS WROUNG WITH HER ANYONE HELP ME

MY DUCK CAN'T WALK, BUT SHE CAN STAND SHE DID HAVE A FALL I HAVE HAD HER X-RAYED AND MY VET DONT SEEM TO KNOW WHATS WROUNG WITH HER ANYONE HELP ME
Xray looks normal, right off I'll ask are you giving her niacin or brewers yeast daily? some ducklings just need more than others and can have problems with their legs if they are deficient. also water therapy will help build back muscle after an injury, warm baths where she can swim around, supervised of course.

One of my store bought ducklings this year fell often and just had leg weakness issues. But she was perfectly fine otherwise, her hatchmated were fine, so the consensus was that she needed Niacin supplements. Switched her over to Dumor Feed (because it contains added Niacin) and I'd supplement vitamins in drinking water for probly 2 weeks or so, now she's perfectly fine! Add the Niacin.

I have got nician fuse but I don't no how much to give her they are 100mg. She is on brewers yeast everyday but she will only eat meal worms but she won't eat starter crumbs chick crumbs any crumbs, peas lettuce nothing but mill worms, can you please suggest any thing else she is so fussy, please help

I have got nician fuse but I don't no how much to give her they are 100mg. She is on brewers yeast everyday but she will only eat meal worms but she won't eat starter crumbs chick crumbs any crumbs, peas lettuce nothing but mill worms, can you please suggest any thing else she is so fussy, please help
did you try mixing the meal worms into her feed? just try a small amt first with some warm water mixed into it. How old is she? and maybe it's just the pic but she looks undernourished to me. I'd start with 500 mgs of niacin mixed into her drinking water once you see improvement cut it back to 250 mgs per gallon. what is niacin fuse?

Last edited:
Hi is that 500mg per gallon( just checking don't want to over dose her) then cut her back to 250 wen she improves. She's not under nourished she is very small composited to her sisters they are fully grown and feathered, and her feathers have just started to come through, she is 8 weeks old, and has just got out the bath in this picture, I'm now trying her with ready break with mill worms mixed in. I just don't no what else to give her.

Hi is that 500mg per gallon( just checking don't want to over dose her) then cut her back to 250 wen she improves. She's not under nourished she is very small composited to her sisters they are fully grown and feathered, and her feathers have just started to come through, she is 8 weeks old, and has just got out the bath in this picture, I'm now trying her with ready break with mill worms mixed in. I just don't no what else to give her.
at 8 weeks start her on 500 megs once you see improvement continue till you know she has really improved like 3-5 days after then cut her back to 250-300 megs , from what I have read on here since B's are water soluble you really can't over dose. If you see relapse then go back to 500 megs.

Willl wrote:
"I'm now trying her with ready break with mill worms mixed in. I just don't no what else to give her."

What is ready break? Do you mean meal worms? If so, I think I would try to reduce those. High protein should be good for weight gain and feather development, but too much protein just isn't good either. I would get some starter crumbles and moisten them, think of the consistency of runny oatmeal. And I'd mix some meal worms into that and then reduce those over time. Not so much at first, you don't want malnutrition becoming a huge issue right now. Are the worms live or freeze dried?

Back
Top Bottom