Help my Duck eggs are piping on day 23

n0tfalling

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2023
Hello a couple of my duck eggs have started piping and there is quite a lot of movement on day 23. I'm just wondering do I still turn the eggs as normal? Also do I still mist them ? Or do I only turn the eggs that have shown no sign of piping yet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

Hello a couple of my duck eggs have started piping and there is quite a lot of movement on day 23. I'm just wondering do I still turn the eggs as normal? Also do I still mist them ? Or do I only turn the eggs that have shown no sign of piping yet? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
So you see a beak in the air cell or just shadowing pushing on it ?
Has the air cell dipped forward fast for hatching yet ?
If air cell has dipped forward I would stop turning those eggs but don’t you the humidity until you see an internal pip. Then start lockdown for all
You can continue to mist, cool and turn the others

So you see a beak in the air cell or just shadowing pushing on it ?
Has the air cell dipped forward fast for hatching yet ?
If air cell has dipped forward I would stop turning those eggs but don’t you the humidity until you see an internal pip. Then start lockdown for all
You can continue to mist, cool and turn the others
I can see 2 of the eggs where there is a circle forming on the egg and a slight crack. Those 2 are moving round a lot and have turned in the incubator. No signs on the other 7 eggs I can see but have seen a lot of movement from others.

Attachments

• 721ACFFD-506C-43BC-BD44-085E91521497.jpeg
    721ACFFD-506C-43BC-BD44-085E91521497.jpeg
    279.4 KB · Views: 10
  • F26986BE-C682-4FF5-8B16-EE0989627436.jpeg
    F26986BE-C682-4FF5-8B16-EE0989627436.jpeg
    304.4 KB · Views: 10
Top pic looks like baby is in the wrong end ?
If so and that’s an external pip then humidity need to go up and lockdown starts making sure all other eggs have air cells facing up
Wrong end babies take 48- 72 hours so don’t worry if it’s 3 days before it hatches
Egg 2 looks it got bumped not a pip
Possibly one rolled into it ?

Once I seen the pip I removed the egg turner part. I have checked the others. Do I just leave them now? No misting?

Back
Top Bottom