Help! My Momma Pekin Duck Daisy is Missing. What do I do with her Eggs?

I'm so sorry you lost the 2. Hopefully, the 5 will be healthy little ones and help ease the pain.
Maybe you need some extra support now that you have one coming from the wrong end.

@FunnyfarmMidwest
@WVduckchick
@shawluvsbirds

so happy for you that the first little one is doing so well.
You have @Pyxis article on helping just use your gut on when to help.
And please update often.
Thank you. Im hoping it goes much smoother from here on out. I will post updates as new things happen. Duck 2 is still working the shell, about a half inch left on one side. I feel like a couple good pushes might just get it there. The upside down egg is just chillin. I dont think it wants to actually hatch yet, it may have just needed the air so it broke that hole open. It doesnt seem to be struggling or anything. I can see its beak, its just breathing and sitting there, little movements here and there, but not anything significant enough to break the shell.

Sorry you lost a couple but you are giving them a chance, so don’t feel bad. I have 2 with internal pips right now, that were also abandoned. Started with 7, so I know how you feel. Maybe momma had a reason for letting them go, but we try!

Keep in mind the one that pipped the wrong end will take even more extra time. Ducks that pip in the air cell can be a couple days hatching, so skipping the air cell days may prolong the hatch. It’s frustrating, but try not to rush it.

congrats so far though!!

Also, duckling 2 is here. Its now chilling with duckling 1 under the heat lamp. They found eachother and are sleeping together. <3 Its umbilical spot looks normal so thats good, no hernia or yolk sac. The other two are still working away at their eggs. Upside down baby is still in same spot, and does yawn occasionally, so I'm guessing hes still absorbing too.

Attachments

• 248335162_576235853702077_870907387186206874_n.jpg
    248335162_576235853702077_870907387186206874_n.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2
I meant to post last night, but it was so late by the end of it I was just too tired. lol. But all babies are officially hatched. Baby 3 hatched at about 2 pm yesterday, then baby 4 hatched about 9 pm and upside down baby came right after. I did have to help upside down baby, he was peeping and struggling so hard to get out so I helped him out and carefully cracked some of the egg enough for him to push the end off. I didnt want to over help, I still wanted him to push out himself and gain that strength. He just couldnt peck enough of it, i think he was also positioned weird, because he couldnt really peck at the shell at all. He did push out though and no yolk sac or anything. Perfectly healthy. All babies are doing great and huddled together in the brooder tub. Its just a giant rubbermaid. But theyre super happy and I'm super happy. Baby number 2 is the strongest of them all, hes already pecking at the others, digging for food and drinking up the water. Couldnt tell he was born hours before lol. Also, baby 1 with the little hernia is doing great. Its really dried up overnight and looks way smaller. I read an post where this similar thing happened with someone elses duckling and it dried up and fell off on its own. I really think thats whats going to happen here. I'm so thankful to have found this site, you all have been very helpful. I really appreciate it. Especially Miss Lydia. Thank you so much.
249242147_2913805465596454_8493480350656656066_n.jpg

Oh my goodness a population explosion and such a precious one. They all look great!
So happy for you. You did awesome and mama duck would be very proud of you for getting her ducklings hatched. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom