Help my pet hen dying! :(

If her belly is bloated that is not a good sign. Did that poop that was stuck all over her look like it maybe have egg in it? Almost looks like it in the picture. Sad to say there is probably not much you can do for this bird. The bloating could be caused by internal laying or it could be ascites caused by other major problems such as tumors/cancer, problems or disease of major organs like the liver/kidneys. If you have access to an avian vet you could try having her looked at, it won't be cheap.

It is possible to drain abdomen if it were to be ascites or peritonitis(draining may or may not help with peritonitis,but it will relieve pressure from air sacs other organs,which will make her more comfortable) I am currently treating a hen for just ascites(not peritonitis)her abdomen has been drained once with a 20 gauge needle and antibiotics were given to prevent infection,she is also on milk thistle for liver support. Her urates are becoming white(poop still a bit runny)and her appetite is returning.

Just letting everyone know that this afternoon Red stopped eating the baby food and looked in a lot of pain and a lot of discomfort. We decided to take her to the vet to get her humanely put to sleep. R.I.P Red!
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom