Help! My quails are attacking each other!

Thanks for everyone who gave me advice. I’ve come to see that I think they are just mating and the female started to attack. They haven’t fought so I’m hoping everything’s alright. Since it’s almost September will the quail lay eggs since one they mated and two she’s female. Or not yet? (They are 8 weeks old)

Quail, like chickens and other birds, lay eggs regardless of mating. They lay eggs whenever they ovulate, and most animals ovulate regardless of their mating, with some exceptions (like cats). She's approaching the age of starting to lay, so you should get eggs soon.
Have you figured out the sexes? You need no more than one male.

Yes. I’m pretty positive on having two males and one female. I am only pretty sure about this because I’ve seen one get on the other like that. I have noticed the both the males don’t fight so I am forever grateful for that!

*I ACTUALLY THINK I HAVE TWO GIRLS* the white one I did that test thing with it and no sperm thing came out. So I am pretty sure it’s a girl but also a boy I’m really confused on this one because it’s white and has colored spots sometimes.

Need to move one male out, they can and will fight to the death if need be, for the right to mate. You need at least 3 hens per male, or he'll mate your girl bald, or worse. I personally keep 8 hens per cock and my fertility rates are running about 66% (and have been rising as the birds mature).

Okay that happened for one. While with the other two that didn’t happen. They are all 8 weeks old.

Check the other two weekly until one of them crows or lays an egg. If you have the housing to separate the one that you're certain is a cock, then I'd separate him now until you can obtain more hens for him (either adults or another batch of chicks). What are your long-term goals with the quail? Are they pets only? Eggs only? Egg & meat production? When I've got a better idea of what your goals are, I can offer more pertinent suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom