help needed asap: update-video

Doubt it...cbbq are not known to have it...

To be honest, I think it's fowl cholera, runny nose and discharge from mouth. Sulmet should treat it but as you know when birds show symptoms they had it for a while.......they catch it from other poultry.

Ok makes sense, thanks.
It seems to be spreading to my pigeons now. Great.
Update: Now my hen has a runny nose.

Last edited:
Well they are all on sulmet now so i'm just praying for the best. The only one who I'm not giving sulmet to is the baby chick. She's just a baby and I didn't want to hurt her. She's very healthy acting right now so I'll just watch her I guess.. I'm thinking one of the homing pigeons must of brought this in. Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Just an update.. The chicken's nose has stopped running; quail are doing good today, eating and drinking, not very fluffed up, no liquid discharge. However, they all keep opening and closing their beaks. The pigeons are beginning to open and close their beaks too..

may have been the baby chcken that brought it in?
where did you get it and when?
when did the illness strike the others?, relative to the new introduction to the household?
if the baby chicken is not displaying symptoms, it may be a carrier?

and as JJ says, treat it right away too.

good luck!

I got the chick exactly one week ago, the same day the quail began to start problems. Can I treat the chick with sulmet safely? She's only a week old. How much can I give her?
Also, the quail seem to be having yellow foamy poop.

Back
Top Bottom