Help needed, Baby Owl Found.

if you can not get in touch with anyone this should keep it alive for the night

some wet cat food blended till smooth with some gatorade to thin it out put in a needless syringe and stroke side of birds beak with tip it will open up mouth put in a little at a time until it has had about a teaspoon and a half or so. repeate everey 2 hours or so even at night (set your alarm clock). Make sure it is pooping if not rub bottom with a damp towel or finger and that should make it want to go. Food must go in and poo must come out and he must be kept warm and where he will not wiggle and fall out. a heat pad works good, or brooder lamp.

Someone should get him but with the holiday maybe it will be hard to get help right away.

Good Luck!

Quote:
The OP is quite aware of that, since most of the preceding posts have addressed that very issue. With a short thread like this it's a good idea to read all the posts before responding.
smile.png

X2 Happychick
Also, when feeding do it from the right side of the beak with dropper or syringe pointing toward the left and don't fill too much in it's mouth at a time. If it inhales food it can die. Wipe the babies beak off whenever food gets on it to keep food out of the nostrils. You should make food the consistency of baby food - like apple sauce at least. The food/water should be warmed too, to keep from chilling the baby.
I'm guessing by amount of fuzz on the baby, it should stay at least 85 degrees, if not more to keep from being chilled. A heating pad WITHOUT "auto shut off" and a fleece blanket or small towel works well for me, a heat lamp works ok but it's not as good to have too much light, a ceramic heat bulb would be better if going that route. If you tell me where in Texas you are, I can probably find what certified rehabbers are in your area from the IWRC where I am getting my certification from.

Quote:
The OP is quite aware of that, since most of the preceding posts have addressed that very issue. With a short thread like this it's a good idea to read all the posts before responding.
smile.png

sorry lol its really late her and im tired but i dont want to go to bed so im being lazy tonight i guess
tongue.png
lol

Back
Top Bottom