Help Needed: Potbelly Piglet with Skin Issue (full body)

I will keep an eye on it and see if it doesn't clear up the rest of the way. I think the local feed store sells nu-stock so i should be able to get some there. He's sleepin next to the fireplace now so he should be dry & warm enough to put some lotion on him.

For ours we take and run a luke warm bath and put baby oil in the bath and put her in it.. SHE LOVES IT!
smile.png
If you need a "little convincing" that baths are not the worst thing in the world, before you put the baby oil in there put the little guy in there and put cherrios in the bath. He should try and eat them and then it gives him a chance to not be so afraid. Then just put some baby oil in there. BUT... in our experience do not put it directly on the dry skin, only put it in the bath water. He should come out nice and silky smooth, not greasy
smile.png
Ours comes out a nice shinny black!

Once you get his skin cleared up, use Skin So Soft from Avon. My pbp had the best skin! I kept that on him andnit also helped with mosquitoes. It comes in a spray, so it is easy to use!

Congrats!

Shelly

OMG how cute! I have wanted a PBP for years but with 3 kids, a dog and cat, I just didn't have the financial resources...finally talked myself out of it. Now, it's all your fault...I want one again! I am down to 2 kids still at home and 1 15 year old Chesapeake Bay retriever, and 12 chickens. ***Note to self...I want more chickens in the spring...you cant have a pig!

He's so adorable. When we got our little boy, he scratched himself till his skin was raw. When we got him fixed the vet gave him an ivermectin injection. He improved immediately and his hair did grow back really nice where it was thin. Congrats!

I talked to the vet yesterday and I can just go pick up the Ivermectin from him & it's only $.80/cc .... SO much better than a $100 jug!! Now I just have to wait until the snow goes away some... i really hate this weather.

I SO hope someone can advise me! BessiePearl is 1 year old and has always suffered from chronic mange. Suddenly, I'm thinking perhaps it never was mange; or at least in a combination with another skin condition. I have treated Bess orally with ivomec 1% weekly for 6 weeks. Her skin is CRAZY dry and scaly. Her skin also seems very tender when I try to scratch. Especially the top of body. Now, today, she doesn't want me to touch anywhere around her ears as well. I'm completely stressed. FYI - BessiePearl is an indoor/outdoor pot belly. She has a dogie door. She sleeps with me every night. I have also developed some issue on the shin around my fingernails. Red, swollen, tender as heck. Please help!!!

Back
Top Bottom