Help!! (not a pet but I dont know where to post)

Sadly the little one is going downhill, he's lethargic and I've noticed he has a respiratory infection. He isnt wanting to move anymore, and I doubt he'll survive the morning but I'm glad I tried at least :(
I'm pretty sure it's normal for baby mice to cough a little after feeding. As long as you wiped his nose off he should be fine.

If you have a local pharmacy you can ask for a syringe without a needle. They will usually give you one and you can feed him warm goat's milk. Don't try feeding solids until at least after his eyes open. You should do this at breakfast, lunch and dinner time.
I personally wouldn't feed goats milk unless it is canned. The same goes for cow milk. There simply aren't enough calories per cc in fresh milk.

I noticed you mentioned the person who had him before fed cows milk. Cows milk can be fatal when fed to wildlife/most young animals as it can cause severe diarrhea and dehydration. It is also devoid of proper nutrition for most animals and can cause deficiencies.

It may be why he's having issues now. As others mentioned kitten/puppy milk works best. I hope your little guy pulls through. Best of luck to you.

You can also get a proper milk supplement through Fox Valley. They make supplements for wildlife and would likely have something fitting for a mouse.

Back
Top Bottom