Help! Only one chick!

that's awesome! You can't get them anywhere like that around here after May. Not that I know of at least.... We have a true value not too far from here I should call and ask. Because I always need a few more chickens lol
yea call and ask cause as of last weekend they still had chicks at one here in NC and ducks, turkeys and guineas

I did check Craigslist and no one has any close by. None of our farm stores will order in chicks after the end of may. I am going to call our local 4H extension office in the morning and see if they know of any around.

Good idea to check the extension office. You can also post a "wanted" ad on craigslist to see if anyone is getting chicks and would let you buy 1 or 2. I did that once for a single we had and someone responded.

You could also post in the classified section here or start a thread with your location and see if anyone has any extras.

Best of luck!

Yes I know of people with young chicks for sale but I'm in Indiana... Not sure where you are. If you check the forum on here for your state you may find some chicks... Just a thought. I know lots of people are wrapping up their final hatches for the year.

I had a chick die unexpectedly at 4 weeks old and had only one left after that. The remaining chick was clearly distressed and cheeped loudly all the time. I was concerned it would not thrive, so I placed a wanted ad on Craigslist for 4 Week old chicks, to be companions for my one lonely 4 week old chick. I got tons of answers to my ad, and much to my husband's chagrin I ended up with a group of 6 new chicks, all different breeds! Here they are. They are so sweet together and I'm glad I got my lonely chick some friends!

BoiseChik your mismatched babies are adorable! No one at the extension office knew of any babies right now so I am going to post an ISO add on craigslist and I am also going to try and get my broody hen to be a surrogate to the chick. So fingers crossed that she takes him in.

Back
Top Bottom