Help! Opened eggs on day 23 and they are still alive!!

I've read that someone had a chick not end up internally pipping and drowned inside? Sorry I'm new at this :(
It's very rare for chicks to drown. It's only when the air cell is intact, and the chick internally pips into it, and drowns in fluid. That is only if your humidity was too high throughout incubation. Like, 60% plus.

It's very rare for chicks to drown. It's only when the air cell is intact, and the chick internally pips into it, and drowns in fluid. That is only if your humidity was too high throughout incubation. Like, 60% plus.
Oh I see, what is it called when the chick fails to pip and doesn't absorb the yolk and dies?

Here is the eggs, the membrane is white and I've been spraying it and it goes see through, scared it might dry out, should I stop?
This is the one that internally pipped, it's got its beak out a lot further than yesterday
_20200818_084300.JPG

This is the other one, I can't see where it's beak is and it's not making noise but moving a lot
_20200818_084404.JPG

Here is the eggs, the membrane is white and I've been spraying it and it goes see through, scared it might dry out, should I stop?
This is the one that internally pipped, it's got its beak out a lot further than yesterday
View attachment 2294761

This is the other one, I can't see where it's beak is and it's not making noise but moving a lot
View attachment 2294763
Do you have any Triple Antibiotic Ointment? If the membrane is white that's ok. Yellow is what's bad. They definitely still need a lot of time.

Hi, I've stopped misting them and the one with its beak out is starting to zip around the egg slowly but they other is still the same but it's barely moving now
I went to help the second chick and it's dead, it's head wasn't positioned under its wing and was bent funny and swollen, I feel like I could have prevented this if I helped get its head out this morning 😭

I went to help the second chick and it's dead, it's head wasn't positioned under its wing and was bent funny and swollen, I feel like I could have prevented this if I helped get its head out this morning 😭
Sorry for your chick :( How is the other one making out? It's not your fault. Was it only the 2 eggs you were incubating this time?

Back
Top Bottom