Help! Our silkie seems very ill but can’t figure it out

MidnightChickies

Hatching
Aug 23, 2020
Our sweet as can be silkie Henny Penny, hasn’t been herself. She goes broody a lot so her sitting in the nest box wasn’t abnormal. However we noticed the head hen going in there and pecking her head and when she would leave the nest the others would start bullying her. We immediately separated her. We’ve been giving her the booster vitamins everyday, and she has been drinking water. However she is sitting with her head slumped inward almost all day pretty much. Her eyes are closed and watery. I feel so bad, I don’t know what to do for her. A vet isn’t an option right now unfortunately so I’m just trying to see if there is anything I can do to help her. Thank you everyone

With the few clues you've provided, it points to a reproductive issue. She could be egg bound. Or it could be infection. The first is easier to treat. Give her a calcium supplement immediately and it might encourage the egg to move out. This is what I recommend as it is quickest to work.
F57D4B6B-216D-49EC-A92C-3DFAF3C5915E.jpeg

With the few clues you've provided, it points to a reproductive issue. She could be egg bound. Or it could be infection. The first is easier to treat. Give her a calcium supplement immediately and it might encourage the egg to move out. This is what I recommend as it is quickest to work. View attachment 2608237
Should I grind it down and feed it to her via syringe? And how much do you suggest?

Sounds like multiple things at once- especially since she’s stressed. The watery eyes are most likely from a respiratory related disease such as Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG/CRD)

Back
Top Bottom