Help...Peachick attached to umbiblical cord

GrannieJ

In the Brooder
May 24, 2017
I had to help one of my eggs hatch he externally pipped 36 hours ago and I had to make a pip whole and he did eventually get out but he is stuck to the sheel withe the cord and there is what appears to be some yolk and a lil blood in the bottom of the egg. He is out and quite fisty but on his side cause he is stuck to the sgg from the cord. Do I leave it and will it eventually come unattached or do I do something. I am just horrified to lose him!! Any help is much appreciated...thank you

I had to help one of my eggs hatch he externally pipped 36 hours ago and I had to make a pip whole and he did eventually get out but he is stuck to the sheel withe the cord and there is what appears to be some yolk and a lil blood in the bottom of the egg. He is out and quite fisty but on his side cause he is stuck to the sgg from the cord. Do I leave it and will it eventually come unattached or do I do something. I am just horrified to lose him!! Any help is much appreciated...thank you
Welcome to BYC! Can you post a picture?

He is pretty fisty moving around trying to get on his feet. Then he rest and closes his eyes for a little bit .,I attached a pic

Attachments

• IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 116
He is pretty fisty moving around trying to get on his feet. Then he rest and closes his eyes for a little bit .,I attached a pic
Take some clean scissors and cut the cord where it's clear. His yolk is absorbed, so don't worry about that. Keep him on a clean towel until he fluffs up because his umbilicus looks a little too open, but it should finish closing in the next 24 hours.

place him in front of the heat lamp (not too close)and it will dry VERY quickly and the you can "snip" it......as long as there is no blood or yolk left...

Take some clean scissors and cut the cord where it's clear. His yolk is absorbed, so don't worry about that. Keep him on a clean towel until he fluffs up because his umbilicus looks a little too open, but it should finish closing in the next 24 hours.
Ok thank you so much I will post a follow up once he is up and moving !! Thank you

try putting her in front of heat lamp it will dry SO QUICK! try it! please ....xxx
So take him out the incubator ? And place him under the heat lamp?

Back
Top Bottom