HELP! Pipped chick incubator humidity dropped suddenly...what do I do??!

My girls are good, but they can't do it without proper care. I've had folks ruin them before... And you did great!! :bow

Thank you! I wasn't expecting such an awesome hatch rate, especially as I heard seramas are very difficult to hatch, and cuz it was my first time. I really like my incubator a lot (cheapo Janoel 12) . It'll be interesting to see if my broody eggs hatch at all (I still have 2 that I stole out from under her in the bator, so if those hatch, there's hope!)

Thank you! I wasn't expecting such an awesome hatch rate, especially as I heard seramas are very difficult to hatch, and cuz it was my first time. I really like my incubator a lot (cheapo Janoel 12) . It'll be interesting to see if my broody eggs hatch at all (I still have 2 that I stole out from under her in the bator, so if those hatch, there's hope!)
When are the broody eggs due to hatch?

When are the broody eggs due to hatch?
I put them under my hen when I set the eggs in my bator. But I had issues with the original broody quitting 3 or 4 days before they were supposed to hatch. So I had to slip them under another newer broody. And it got very cold here, and for a day or so she was off the nest for at least a couple hours, at least two times, before she started sitting seriously. Those eggs got very cold.

I removed two of those eggs and put them in my bator. And there are still 5 under my hen. So we'll see.

When you get the next chick out of the bator, do a quick candle on the ones you pulled from the broody.

Here's ya a cute 12-day old silkied serama. I'm already guessing this one is male. :rolleyes:
61f1ff55835d46608f29b01970f6c192.jpg

She hatched!!!! :jumpy:jumpy:jumpy A little feather foot! She's a little weak, but I already started NutriDrench. Pics when hubby wakes up enough to shoot some. :)

I'm 7/8 for my incubator eggs. One more to go!

Thanks guys, for all your support, love, hugs, and good vibes. Y'all are the best!
Congratulations! :wee

Back
Top Bottom