Help...Please. 3 sick chickens, droopie combs, not eating, purchased safeguard paste, Corid..doses??

Dear Dawg........THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..LETS HOPE I CAN BE IN TIME, her breath is starting to have an odor but I'm not going to give up. blessings to you and BYC

hi Dawg. I just came in from giving her the pea size paste, wasn't easy so I put it on a fresh strawberry tip and she scoffed about half of the big berry, then I fed her ground pellets with some of the corid to mix it up for the eyedropper, also put some yogurt in and a tad of applesauce. She seems to be getting a smelly odor from her mouth but she seems to want to eat, just not a lot. Out of the 5 hens, I gave the two healthy ones their dose and felt that because the other two hens were crop bound this morning, I will wait until tomorrow morning to see if the olive oil and massage worked before I give them their doses. I hope I'm doing everything alright. Thank you Dawg for getting back to me, it really matters. You have a really good heart..I'll keep in touch

hi Dawg. I just came in from giving her the pea size paste, wasn't easy so I put it on a fresh strawberry tip and she scoffed about half of the big berry, then I fed her ground pellets with some of the corid to mix it up for the eyedropper, also put some yogurt in and a tad of applesauce. She seems to be getting a smelly odor from her mouth but she seems to want to eat, just not a lot. Out of the 5 hens, I gave the two healthy ones their dose and felt that because the other two hens were crop bound this morning, I will wait until tomorrow morning to see if the olive oil and massage worked before I give them their doses. I hope I'm doing everything alright. Thank you Dawg for getting back to me, it really matters. You have a really good heart..I'll keep in touch
I hope she doesnt have sour crop.

hi Dawg, I've been giving her plain yogurt also in case she has a sour crop. I hope that the smell is not her body and organs dying. what can I do more for a sour crop?

great info here thanks to all.
I saw the telltail signs of tapeworms AND had one girl with pale comb, very tired, and a sneeze.

I started Corid and Zimecterin 3 days ago ..

Gotta say the tired lady is already much more active and seems like night and day in health .

questions please .
1 how long to treat with the Corid
2 . If I need to toss the eggs for the entire time of Zim treatment (one treatment then another 10 days after... and a wait of another 10 or so days) Can I feed those eggs to the chickens ... seems to make sense to me ... ???

Last edited:
great info here thanks to all.
I saw the telltail signs of tapeworms AND had one girl with pale comb, very tired, and a sneeze.

I started Corid and Zimecterin 3 days ago ..

Gotta say the tired lady is already much more active and seems like night and day in health .

questions please .
1 how long to treat with the Corid
2 . If I need to toss the eggs for the entire time of Zim treatment (one treatment then another 10 days after... and a wait of another 10 or so days) Can I feed those eggs to the chickens ... seems to make sense to me ... ???

I don't recommend it. There's residue in the eggs however slight. It can extend the withdrawal period, but more importantly the residue can help build worm resistance to the product, so the next time you use it, it may or may not get rid of worms. It's best to toss the eggs in the garbage. A small price to pay for healthy hens.

Back
Top Bottom