Help please!! ASAP!!

Pics

Marshmallow1234

Songster
Oct 25, 2020
Canada
My 2 older hens keeps biting my younger hen! Her back lost feathers and I saw a bald area without feathers. What should I do!! (I first got the younger hen but then I added 2 more older hens, I just put them together outside but I didn’t know they would bully each other that bad. It’s been 2 months and I noticed them pecking her but I didn’t know her feathers were falling out, I am separating them by using another cage outside with the younger hen she hasn’t started laying. She wouldn’t eat or drink. What should I do!? Should she sleeep in the box I made instead? Would she be lonely? She seems to follow them around even if they bite her... but when I put her on the cage she’s silent and just standing. Please reply fast!

picture here

Attachments

• D152ED64-4ED3-434A-BA28-6231B752ABA5.jpeg
    D152ED64-4ED3-434A-BA28-6231B752ABA5.jpeg
    932.1 KB · Views: 35
Is this a new hen? Did you integrate her before you put her with the flock? That poop doesn't' look normal. Were did she come from? What do you feed? Keep her separated in the other pen. Post pictures of her wounds. Spray her peck marks with Vetrycin, or Neosporin. Milk will not heal her. Nothing you feed her will heal her. I can help, but won't solve the problem. Is she eating and drinking on her own?

Is this a new hen? Did you integrate her before you put her with the flock? That poop doesn't' look normal. Were did she come from? What do you feed? Keep her separated in the other pen. Post pictures of her wounds. Spray her peck marks with Vetrycin, or Neosporin. Milk will not heal her. Nothing you feed her will heal her. I can help, but won't solve the problem. Is she eating and drinking on her own?
No she came before the two hens. And when I take the two hens home that day I put her with the two hens. She come from a farm. And I feed her corn grits, oatmeal, mealworms, pumpkin seeds, and rice. I’m trying to get chicken food. I put her in the other pen and she drinks a little bit and eats a bit on her own. Now she is trying to get out the box ( I put hay and food and water but she spilled it) she is also chirping loudly and what should I do? I have no other coop

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.7 KB · Views: 24
No she came before the two hens. And when I take the two hens home that day I put her with the two hens. She come from a farm. And I feed her corn grits, oatmeal, mealworms, pumpkin seeds, and rice. I’m trying to get chicken food. I put her in the other pen and she drinks a little bit and eats a bit on her own. Now she is trying to get out the box ( I put hay and food and water but she spilled it) she is also chirping loudly and what should I do? I have no other coop
You NEED to get real food. Hw long have they been off the real feed? You didn't inegrateeihter. You need to integrate, put hem next to each other were they can see not touch, t introduce the hens, or they will beat each other up. Also, whenever you get new birds, you need to sedate them for at least a month away from the other birds to make sure they don't carry any diseases. How old is she?

Back
Top Bottom