Help please....Pipped eggs, 3 days later, still no chicks?

Patrick100

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2018
I need a little advice please. I have in my RCOM-PRO10 incubator several Barbary partridge eggs and a few gamble quail eggs. All but two eggs pipped last Sunday, today is Tuesday afternoon and still nothing has hatched?? all air vents are open since lock down, humidity is 65% and temp is 99.5. I have to admit I have never hatched partridges before, only chicken, pheasants, and quail. I have never seen such a long time between pipped and hatch....is this normal? any help is appreciated

Assuming you have the humidity and temperature correct that shouldn’t be the issue. Are the chicks still alive? It can take smaller birds longer to break out the shell. Perhaps increase the humidity to enable the shell to soften making it easier for them to hatch? Avoid opening the shell for them as it can do more harm than good. Once the first one is out the rest should follow. I expect my hatches to all be out within a 5 days after the first pip. You’re on day 3 so you’d hope to see some out by Wednesday/Thursday

I should have waited until I got home to post yesterday..LOL...when I got home from work I had an incubator full of chicks, both partridges and quail! I just need a little more patience in the future..thanks Aduckonquack...really appreciate the reply

Back
Top Bottom