Help Please Sick Duckling

O no...u did everything u could to make him comfortable. you truly cared and didnt give up. I admire that. U gave hime a home.. I have been watching this thread..I am new to ducks..
Thank you 💝 I’ve hatched out ducklings before but I’ve never had one like this. I don’t know what I could’ve done to save it.

How long have u been raising ducks? Mine have behavioral issues...like high school kids. Damn teenagers...I guess lol
Only about a year, I’m also new. I started with adults and hatched out some of their eggs thankfully they’ve all been healthy! They are a funny bunch lol so lovely though

Only about a year, I’m also new. I started with adults and hatched out some of their eggs thankfully they’ve all been healthy! They are a funny bunch lol so lovely though
Maybe a lil over a year for me...got our 1st batch from TSC..bought 12...2 cute. Wanted more. Finally hatched my own batch. I was wondering if yours separated into cliques when they matured?

That’s me now, I wanted more. No they all stayed together. Yours separated?
Yes...2 got "shunned"...a larger white Peking seemed to steer the others away from these 2 loners...I thought maybe he was the dominant male and took all the hens. Well they weren't bashful 1 night and I learned the dominant white Peking wasn't so dominant.

Thank you 💝 I’ve hatched out ducklings before but I’ve never had one like this. I don’t know what I could’ve done to save it.
I’ve been at this for a decade and let me tell you I’ve hatched lots of ducklings and only 3 of the probably about 8 or 9 sick ones ever made it to adulthood. If I had one with a similar issue to yours it wouldn’t last long. I had one simply collapse mid-step and was dead before she hit the ground. Sometimes there isn’t anything at all you can do to save them, you just gotta make them comfortable and give them some extra TLC. Sometimes they’ll pull through, but usually they won’t. Oftentimes their condition seems to progress faster than they can heal and their little bodies are trying so hard to grow that they can’t get better no matter what you do. Don’t blame yourself. Nature can be cruel to the little ones sometimes. You can only do your best and hope.

Yes...2 got "shunned"...a larger white Peking seemed to steer the others away from these 2 loners...I thought maybe he was the dominant male and took all the hens. Well they weren't bashful 1 night and I learned the dominant white Peking wasn't so dominant.
Oh no!
I’ve been at this for a decade and let me tell you I’ve hatched lots of ducklings and only 3 of the probably about 8 or 9 sick ones ever made it to adulthood. If I had one with a similar issue to yours it wouldn’t last long. I had one simply collapse mid-step and was dead before she hit the ground. Sometimes there isn’t anything at all you can do to save them, you just gotta make them comfortable and give them some extra TLC. Sometimes they’ll pull through, but usually they won’t. Oftentimes their condition seems to progress faster than they can heal and their little bodies are trying so hard to grow that they can’t get better no matter what you do. Don’t blame yourself. Nature can be cruel to the little ones sometimes. You can only do your best and hope.
Thank you so much 🙏💗

Back
Top Bottom