Help please.!! Sick rooster :'(

Thanks everybody!
hugs.gif
I will buy the Duramycin when I can because it's far from where I live. I gaved him antibiotic water this morning and some soaked wheat bread and then I put neosporin on the swollen area bellow his eye. I checked on him a couple mintues ago and the swolling is lowering!!
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
but he still is weak, and his comb isnt turning red still it's still purplish. I separated him from the rest.. Should I continue giving him antibiotic water, and putting neosporin on the swollen area.?

Thanks everybody!
hugs.gif
I will buy the Duramycin when I can because it's far from where I live. I gaved him antibiotic water this morning and some soaked wheat bread and then I put neosporin on the swollen area bellow his eye. I checked on him a couple mintues ago and the swolling is lowering!!
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
but he still is weak, and his comb isnt turning red still it's still purplish. I separated him from the rest.. Should I continue giving him antibiotic water, and putting neosporin on the swollen area.?
Sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted. I hope he turns out all right!

This is my big baby.! He's doing WAY better than the past few day's and I thank God for everything and you guy's for helping me out the best you could.!
hugs.gif
He's the big white rooster, in the first picture he was walking to a hen bathing, and in the second one he started turning around and in the last one he was looking at me and then walked to another hen bathing on the other side. I hope he recovers fast! His comb isn't really that red still, he is still weak but gained more energy since Tuesday. The swelling went down too! I'm going to continue giving him antibiotics and putting neosporin on the area that got swollen. Thanks everyone who helped me, I appreciate you guys so much.!!! Xoxo

Last edited:
That's great! I'm so happy for you! I'll say a prayer that he continues to recover. He looks really good. Don't let him overdue it. Even if he is feeling better, he needs to rest some. :)
Congrats! You are doing very well with him!
wee.gif

@LaynaDon thank you so much it means alot!
smile.png
and I separate him from the others so he can get some rest and then I take him out so he can go mess around in the yard. :)

@PatchOHvnChks thank you, and I will!
smile.png

What a nice looking boy. Love his big comb. Yes, those combs need lots of oxygen so when they get a respiratory, it affects their circulation there and turns it purple. You handled it well.

Back
Top Bottom