HELP!! PLEASE. Something stuck in hen; quite possibly an egg? WHAT TO DO

Wait, did she have fly strike before?
Sorry if I missed it before.
No but I can't attribute the influx of maggots to her vent and wound other than if a fly had laid her eggs in there? Warm weather and a wound also has the potential to attract flies and if I'm going to take her outside, it is best to prevent a fly landing. Correct me if my thought process is faulty.

I just read your thread and want to commend you for your commitment and care if your sweet girl! Bear hugs to you and your hen! :hugs
We are all rooting for the two of you!
A thousand and one thanks lovely! I really hope she pulls through. Doña has the strength and dedication, I know she does. Hoping to have her keep this upward stream of energy towards full recuperation.

Have an amazing week and thank you, once again, for your kindness!

Yes, some have used SWAT with flystrike on the vent. I don’t think that would harm her.
So SWAT may be applied directly to the vent and/or any wounds? I really don't want to cause any unnecessary harm since the label says not to apply directly to wounds.

So SWAT may be applied directly to the vent and/or any wounds? I really don't want to cause any unnecessary harm since the label says not to apply directly to wounds.
I have always applied SWAT directly on my horses’ wounds without further injury. It does what it says it does...preventing flies that fester in wounds.
Good luck! Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom