Help PLEASE!!!!

I don’t understand any of that really. So I gave them their first doses on bread. One snatch a piece from another and got a double dose. Did I just hand my birds a death sentence? Ugh chicken mommin’ is hard!

QUOTE="KikisGirls, post: 20231881, member: 371076"]I think you need to talk to your vet again. Both dosing are way off.

You say he told you to use 1ml per pound for the Panacur.
That is a large amount.

Panacur is Febendazole (Page 376 book below)
And Corid is Amprolium (Page 62)

Both of these items dosages can be found in this vet drug handbook:
http://www.armchairpatriot.com/Home-Vet/Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook [Desk Ed.] 6th ed. - D. Plumb (Blackwell, 2008) WW.pdf
[/QUOTE]
No, you didnt hand your birds a death sentence.
Once you get the panacur dosage squared away, it's imperative to get your birds wormed. You see, hookworms are transmittable to humans and you dont want to play around with them.

Thank you. I will call them back.

Call your vet back. Ask him to double check the dosing amounts he gave you. I believe you are way under dosing with the Corid and for sure way over dosing with 1 ml per pound for the Panacur.

Lock all the birds up in the coop. Grab one at a time, dose it then set it down outside of the coop. Repeat.[/QUOTE]
Th

If I’m not tracking chicken poo through the house on my shoes and practicing safe hand washing should I be good? I have “coop shoes” that don’t come in, and I wash my hands after every time I’m in the pen or near the coop. I’ve never dealt with this before. First time chicken mom. I’ve dewormed dogs and cats but never chickens.

No, you didnt hand your birds a death sentence.
Once you get the panacur dosage squared away, it's imperative to get your birds wormed. You see, hookworms are transmittable to humans and you dont want to play around with them.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap I’m an idiot. I don’t know why I put 1ml. It’s 0.1 per pound. That’s what I gave them. So like my 4lb girls got 0.4. Crap! Sorry about that.

I think you need to talk to your vet again. Both dosing are way off.

You say he told you to use 1ml per pound for the Panacur.
That is a large amount.

Panacur is Febendazole (Page 376 book below)
And Corid is Amprolium (Page 62)

Both of these items dosages can be found in this vet drug handbook:
http://www.armchairpatriot.com/Home-Vet/Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook [Desk Ed.] 6th ed. - D. Plumb (Blackwell, 2008) WW.pdf

Holy crap I’m an idiot. I don’t know why I put 1ml. It’s 0.1 per pound. That’s what I gave them. So like my 4lb girls got 0.4. Crap! Sorry about that.

Sorry guys! I put the wrong thing. They’re getting 0.1 per pound.

Back
Top Bottom