HELP please!

They both work equally well, used properly, the spray is probably a little easier to apply. Make sure you get it down on the skin where the nasty little buggers are crawling around, especially under the wings and around the vent.
I read that someone poured the poultry dust into a sock and used it to powder the chickens by tapping all around their bodies. Do you think that’s an efficient way of applying the poultry dust? Also, I purchased spray and dust, can I use them simultaneously?

Attachments

• IMG_5431.png
    IMG_5431.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_5430.png
    IMG_5430.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Return the DE and the Poultry Protector, and keep the permethrin dust. And don't use an insecticide in your yard, it will kill all the 'good bugs' and insects too.
Here we can get Gordon's permethrin concentrate spray at TSC, that's the spray I mentioned.
Mary

Return the DE and the Poultry Protector, and keep the permethrin dust. And don't use an insecticide in your yard, it will kill all the 'good bugs' and insects too.
Here we can get Gordon's permethrin concentrate spray at TSC, that's the spray I mentioned.
Mary
Are the DE and Poultry Protector not effective products?
Is it okay to dust the permethrin dust just within the coop and not the yard? I only thought of using the permethrin dust in the yard because I figured the lice spread to wherever my chickens go.
I was looking into Gordon’s permethrin spray but saw that it can be potentially toxic to dogs and cats, is that true? I’m only concerned because we have a dog that comes out to the yard and a cat that very rarely but sometimes comes out too. Thank you!

Permethrin toxicity, like so many things, is dose related. Cats can't handle much at all, so here we don't have cats in the coop or concrete run until it's all dry. Dogs and humans are more tolerant, as are the chickens. Mixing it at the correct concentration is essential!
Everything is toxic at the wrong concentration!
And DE is ineffective unless totally dry, and is a real lung irritant. Who needs that?
Mary

Permethrin toxicity, like so many things, is dose related. Cats can't handle much at all, so here we don't have cats in the coop or concrete run until it's all dry. Dogs and humans are more tolerant, as are the chickens. Mixing it at the correct concentration is essential!
Everything is toxic at the wrong concentration!
And DE is ineffective unless totally dry, and is a real lung irritant. Who needs that?
Mary
How much permethrin dust should I be using to treat eat chicken? And how often?

Back
Top Bottom