HELP - POSSIBLE PROLAPSE?! *WARNING* graphic photo

I had the same problem you are saying and she kept pushing it back out. I used honey. I put it on her vent and I pushed it back in and held it in for like 1 minute. Then I left her be in a dark and clean area. About an hour later I did the same thing. Everytime I went back out the vent was pushed out a little less. After about 4 or 5 times it was in. She is perfectly fine and I haven't had any other problems. It smells badly. I wanted to barf everytime, but she is fine now and I am so happy I did it.

HONEY is magic!!!!
i did say honey worked!!! :)

Hi am a new member and have four little bantum cross. Just started laying tiny eggs. One looks like she has prolapsed. Looks like an egg is stuck in it. Do I push whole lot back in ?? Looks like a whole egg is covered in bloody skin on the outside. Thanks
It's been a very long time since i dealt with this issue, but you need push the whole lot in and then you need to work on gettnig the egg out. Then you need to force her into a molt, so she stops laying. for a while.
Look up how to treat and egg bound hen to help her pass the egg. Soaking her bottom in a warm bath may help.
You force a molt by keeping her in a dark area and cutting back on the protien in her diet.

It's been a very long time since i dealt with this issue, but you need push the whole lot in and then you need to work on gettnig the egg out. Then you need to force her into a molt, so she stops laying. for a while.
Look up how to treat and egg bound hen to help her pass the egg. Soaking her bottom in a warm bath may help.
You force a molt by keeping her in a dark area and cutting back on the protien in her diet.
oh man this sounds horrible. Bless your heart and HER heart! I bet the pressure of all that swollen is what's making her push it back out. Probably feels like she needs to lay from all the pressure. New at this but can understand her wanting to push. sure hope she gets better. what we wont do for our birds or pets.

Back
Top Bottom