Help, possibly a prolapse but I’m not sure what to do

In this situation the yolk sack could get stuck to the paper towel and do more harm than good..

Yes Some do suggest it but most will say stay away from them.
He’s still alive, chirping and curled into a ball and I’m terrified to take him out and see.

He’s still alive, chirping and curled into a ball and I’m terrified to take him out and see.
Is it a frantic chirp or just a regular chirp. If frantic pull it out. It's been long enough now that it should have absorbed all its going to.. if it has any left overs, no veins.. you c an cut it or let it dry

I apologize but I chose to cull it at this stage. It smelled like it was rotting, it didn’t absorb anything and at this point I could tell it was his intestines with how much had been pushed out of his little body. I’ve never seen a chick still breathing after anything like this and I felt it was in my obligation as an animal owner to not try and save something that was out of my own capabilities on the fact it was still faintly chirping. I appreciate all your advice and will use every bit of information I can to prevent this from happening againand will do as I can if this happening again

I apologize but I chose to cull it at this stage. It smelled like it was rotting, it didn’t absorb anything and at this point I could tell it was his intestines with how much had been pushed out of his little body. I’ve never seen a chick still breathing after anything like this and I felt it was in my obligation as an animal owner to not try and save something that was out of my own capabilities on the fact it was still faintly chirping. I appreciate all your advice and will use every bit of information I can to prevent this from happening againand will do as I can if this happening again
:hugs No apologies necessary.
You did the right thing.

Maybe something happened when he was hatching and his cord wasn’t ready to be detached and it tore, I’m not sure but this stuff happens

I agree no apologies necessary.. you did what you felt was right. That's what any of us would have done.

Back
Top Bottom