Help possibly whole coop of sick chickens

spig123

Hatching
Feb 17, 2016
My chicks are two weeks old and all look like this is this weird or normal new to raising chicks maybe its to hot for them?

a few questions, what is the temp in there ? What do you have on the floor for bedding , where did these chicks come from hatchery or someones flock and do they have mites ?

Im not sure actual temp i had the heat lamp about 16 inches off the ground last night i raised it to about 20 inches. The chicks are from murray McMurray. And the bedding is pine shavings

are they acting better now ? You can pick up a thermostat at wal-mart for a dollar. at 2 weeks it should be 85 degrees close to the light with room for them to move away. They dont look real good to me either.. sleepy sort of . How is their poop look ?

They are probably way too warm. The brooder should be big enough for a warm zone and a cool zone, so they can cool off if they need to. The warm zone should be at about 85* for 2 week olds. I keep a thermometer for reptile tanks in my brooder.

they are cute . how many do you have in there ? they are huddled for a reason. hot or cold. deid you say what their poop looks like ? and red in it ? I would try them on some chick saver electrolytes , vitamins and if the poop is yucky corrid . Thats about all I got. Hope they do ok for you.

Back
Top Bottom