"HELP!" Questions About My Turner ( Pics ) & Button Quail Eggs

Discussion in 'Quail' started by BirdBoy88, Jun 2, 2008.

1. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Hey [​IMG]

I'm going to be incubating Button Quail eggs soon and like me not thinking.. i didn't notice that my
    egg turner ( below ) is to big for the Button Quail eggs..so i'm asking everyone if you have any ideas to what
    i can do about my problem being that how can i somehow put the Button Quail eggs on the turner
    to where they don't fall off or crack from bumping in the turner......i would turn them by hand but i
    just don't have the time to..cuz during the week days everyone in the house is at work all day an sometimes i don't get home till dark.. so thats why i got an auto turner.... so since i can't turn by hand do any of you
    know a way to put the Button Quail eggs on the turner?.. like umm what if i put a paper towel in the turner cup then the egg?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  2. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Paper towel cup or coffee filter cup should work. I have never hatched quail but to secure them, I would think either one might do the job!

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    It wont burn will it?.. the paper towel or coffee filter

and i was thinking if the paper towel trick does work.. should i put 2 eggs in each turner cup.. i'm sure they will fit an plus it will be a good fit no moving or anything... but i don't know putting 2 eggs in each cup will that mess up incubation?? [​IMG]

4. seismic wonder2

seismic wonder2 I got mad ninja skills

Feb 3, 2007
    san diego ca
    make little nests from cotton balls.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by