Help really needed with sick runner duck over here in Holland

Do I need to put this post in "emergencies diseases and cures" topic also ?
I would drop in a post there and point to this thread.
Unfortunately i have no clue what your duck has. I had a lame drake last year, suspected botulism, but he was entirely paralyze for two days before getting better and better every day. Here is the summary of what i did for him: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/young-duck-went-suddenly-lame.1270289/page-5#post-20512376
@Miss Lydia @Soon2BChixMom @WVduckchick - anything else that you know can be done for a duck with one limp leg?

I would drop in a post there and point to this thread.
Unfortunately i have no clue what your duck has. I had a lame drake last year, suspected botulism, but he was entirely paralyze for two days before getting better and better every day. Here is the summary of what i did for him: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/young-duck-went-suddenly-lame.1270289/page-5#post-20512376
@Miss Lydia @Soon2BChixMom @WVduckchick - anything else that you know can be done for a duck with one limp leg?

Thank you .. will check the link.. she has it in two feet.. legs seem ok themmselves. She is more active so hopefully in time she will get even better

I have, just now taken this video of her.. here you can see her foot problem .. she "stands on her elbows". Sorry for the term but not sure the right English word

@Hil54 have you tried Liquid B complex? I know when we see issues with walking in young ducklings it can be from a niacin deficiency and since B complex is an affordable try why not? Even when one of my Runners comes up with a limp I give them B complex for support while they are getting over it. It’s a safe remedy to. Along with water therapy to help keep the muscles working.

@Hil54 have you tried Liquid B complex? I know when we see issues with walking in young ducklings it can be from a niacin deficiency and since B complex is an affordable try why not? Even when one of my Runners comes up with a limp I give them B complex for support while they are getting over it. It’s a safe remedy to. Along with water therapy to help keep the muscles working.
Hi miss lydia,
Which b complex? For humans or birds? Not sure what it looks like or the make and if its available here?

Here you can buy it for cattle and for humans if your country is big on livestock and you have a feed store you might find it there it will say injectable but we give it orally 1 ml daily then human vitamins it’s 3 ml daily since it’s not as concentrated. You can get it in capsules also and just open the capsule up and put over feed or treats.Same with the liquid it’s best to give it straight than in water so she gets full dose not watered down.

@Miss Lydia Thank you, yess I think I have found it here.. there is a b complex and a B which has lots of B's in so probably the same. Its for cats, dogs and pigeons.. so a runner should be fine with it

Back
Top Bottom