HELP! Religious subjects.......

Quote:
The teacher said DD has to memorize the verses. Understanding it, I do not know.

Then I would just concentrate on memorization. It's kind of like AWANA club, where kids simply memorize Scripture (KJV) with the hopes that they'll have it "hidden in their hearts" for when they need it in life.
smile.png

Math. 6:24

No man can serve 2 masters.

There is but ONE God. We can only serve God. If we worship or idolize anything a person or a gold statue of a cow... than we are sinning. Because there is but one God.

*spelling

Last edited:
Quote:
I remember trying to read the King James version when I was young(10 or 11) and I just couldn't get past Genesis - it was the only Bible we had in the house since my parents were not the religious type. I'd try over and over and still couldn't understand anything I was reading. When I was older(teen) someone gave me a new version and I remember thinking "Wow, they DO have it in English!" LOL

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

We are God's foot soldiers. We are to spread His word about His existence and how one can come to the Lord through Jesus. Being a believer in Jesus Christ isn't meant to be easy because the devil wants to plot against God and he's always at it... trying his hardest to pull people away from the belief in the Almighty God, Our creator, Our Father, Our healer, Our redempter, our so many things and God is alpha and omega---the beginning and the end.

So imagine Satan who is against God trying to take down God's foot soldiers by any means possible. The armor of God is to signify the battle garb of a soldier that is worn to protect them. As long as a person puts on this armor.... believes with their whole heart that God will protect them from the temptations or what have you from Satan to try to draw us away from Our Father, we are protected. We are protected when we wear the armor of God.

I fail to understand the purpose of a child her age memorising all those verses when she will not understand them

No kidding.

I had to memorize bible verses for Sunday school, but when I was 5, it was ONE VERSE. And we read it together as a class and it was explained to us.

26 verses is just silly. And if you, the parent, doesn't understand it, how in the world do you expect her to get anything out of it?

Sounds more like brain washing than learning.​

Quote:
Sorry, no its not.
Most of the littles in our meeting could quote you whole chapters.
One of the 2.5 year olds recited Luke chapter 2 for us over Christmas.
He learned it one verse at a time.

To the OP. One verse at a time, will get the job done.
The KJV is the most accurate, a nd for a child to begin with it, they will understand it very well.
In fact, I had a high school English teacher tell me, that he could pick out the kids in his classes
who grew up on the KJV, just by how well they understood old literature, such as Shakespere.

2 Corinthians 5:17 There fore if any man be Christ, he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold, all things are become new.

You are familiar with being born again? Meaning when a person has come to the realization that God and Jesus do exist and they are nothing with out them. They will seek God into their heart by coming unto Jesus first. There is the sinners prayer which essentially is a prayer to God that says, I am a sinner. I have sinned. I want to be washed clean. I want to have You in my heart. I believe in Jesus and His birth, death, and resurrection and I believe He died for me and my sins. The sacrifice of Jesus and His blood that was spilled was spilled one time for me and I come to You now Father and ask You to come into my heart because I know it was one sacrifice that made me whole, that made me clean and new, once I believed. Change my heart. Soften it and shed Your light Father so that I may see. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The old sinful ways are washed away... once you believe in Jesus Christ, you are forgiven and have been washed clean of your sins... you are made into a new creature... a new man, woman... One who has the Holy Spirit within your heart because YOU believe in God and Jesus.

Quote:
OK...a little overwhelming to a 5 year old...but if she must memorize it would be nice to at least 'get it' a little too. Here's my stab at explaining
smile.png

Galatians 5:22-23 means that the fruit of the spirit...as opposed to flesh, is all things stated, but the flesh and physical wants/addictions etc. against such there is no law...no law against the good things of the spirit. However there are laws as in Moses law, Jewish law, against the things of the flesh. Example: eating pork is against Jewish laws and a thing of the flesh. The spirit does not hunger for physical food.

Proverbs 20:11 means even a child is condemned/punished for wrongdoing and honored for what they do right, thus the basis for teaching of right and wrong.

Psalm 29:1 means the mighty should give glory to the Lord, their creator, because He is the source of their might, and should have recognition as such.

John 14:6 means that Jesus, the Son of God, is our mediator. Our prayers go to Him, and through Him to God. In Moses days there was the law and God spoke directly to people and also directly judged people. Now that Jesus has been sent, we go through Him, and judgement is postponed until His return. Those that die "sleep" until the return of Christ, because He took on our sins as a final blood sacrifice.

Matthew 6:24 The opposing "master" would be Satan, or self. Arguable they can be one in the same. If you serve self you do not serve God, and if you do not serve God there is but one other option.

Ephesians 6:11 The whole armor is figurative. The breastplate is righteousness, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, sword of the spirit(of God), and the feet shod with the preperation of the Gospel of Peace.

2 Corinthians 5:17 means if any man has the spirit of Christ(been saved), that the old things habits, grudges, any negative or harmful charachter trait, should become like new, and the man should exemplify the Christ. Live as an example.

Psalm 99:5 means that God is Holy and worthy of praise, and know that we are beneath Him, and should approach Him with reverance, and humility.

Psalm 97:8 Zion is the Holy land(Jerusalem). Jew's are His chosen people. This is contextually about God's sovreignty and Zion being comforted by being informed that all will eventually bow to the one true God. That's why they are glad
smile.png

Ok, now just to be clear, that is my take on things...not here to argue theology. These are simple stated explanations for very deep subject matter and is not intended to get the WHOLE point across. This is a basic rundown, take it how ever you like, and according to your own beliefs. I hope it helps!!!

Back
Top Bottom