HELP! Religious subjects.......

Psalm 99:5 Exalt ye the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool, for He is Holy.

Exalt the Lord... give Him praise
Worship at his feet because He is Holy.

feet are very significant because it serves as a sign of servitude. A prostitute came unto Jesus and began to wash His feet with oil and rub His feet with her hair. People, His disciples were shocked... did Jesus not know who this woman was? He did know who she was and she humbled herself and asked Him for forgiveness of her sins and she was forgiven. We are to judge not and we are to humble ourselves and realize even the lowliest of people are to be served in Jesus' name, for when "you fed the poor, you fed Me (Jesus)....when you gave the shirt off your back, you clothed me (Jesus)..."

Ok, I am going to give these a very simple interpretation (that's all, just my interpretation)

Quote:
I hope no one ever makes you feel like you could flunk God, the only F he gives out is forgiveness, and his supply is never ending thank goodness, because I need lots most days
smile.png

hope that helped a bit

Quote:
Remember most verses are not ment to be taken by there self. You need the stuff around it to understand it.

Also much of the bible is the word of god but much of it is the word of man. It can be flawed as can the translation.

Matthew 6:24

By two masters, it means that you cant have two gods. there is only one God. (Jesus is God . its kinda confusing, but they are one God in three people(God, Jesus, Holy Spirit).

Remember most verses are not ment to be taken by there self. You need the stuff around it to understand it.

Also much of the bible is the word of god but much of it is the word of man. It can be flawed as can the translation.

Yup. Context. An interesting concept none of my religious instructors seemed to get...LOL​

I agree with maplesky7 and the meanings of these verses.
What is the time span these need to memorized? I was an Awana leader-(Sparkies) for 12 years at our former church in Fl...that is a lot of verses for a child that can't read and some very hard ones. There is a lot of help on the internet but do be careful!! Do you have a Pastor that could help you with the understanding of these verses?

If I can be of help and answer any of your questions please pm me..I would be glad to help.

Looks like maplesky7's doing a good job. For the rest, in a nutshell:
Galatians 5:22-23
The fruits of the Spirit are the marks of a true Christian. There is no law against us being loving, merciful, kind, etc., to each other.

Proverbs 20:11
Even a child's true character can be discerned from his behaviour. A child of God should be loving, obedient to parents, truthful, etc. Children who are always lying and disobeying need to be taught more about how God wants His children to behave.

Psalm 29:1
Strong, smart, and rich men must give glory to the Lord. This just tells us that no matter how great we are, God is always greater and we must still praise Him, by singing His psalms, praying to Him, and telling other people how good He is. He is the Creator of all things!

John 14:6
Jesus is the ONLY Mediator between God and man. This doesn't mean that other people can't help us learn about Him. It means that we pray to God through Jesus only, hence we pray, "In Jesus' name, Amen." We aren't supposed to pray through Mary or the saints.

Matthew 6:24
The other master is "mammon", or riches. We can't be in love with both God and riches. We must love God more, because He gives us all things. (Otherwise, it would be like loving our grandma's presents more than we love her!) You were wondering if the other master was Jesus. Actually, Jesus IS God. God is a Trinity(Father, Son, and Holy Ghost), so when we talk about God, we are actually including Jesus the Son!

2 Corinthians 5:17
When a man is converted, and God gives him grace to love what is right, that person is a new man. He now wants to do what is right so he can please his heavenly Father. His old desires to sin are replaced with new desires to do good.

Psalm 99:5
"Exalt" means to talk about how good God is. "Footstool" means we are at his feet, the position of a follower. He is holy; He has no sin or wicked thoughts.
Psalm 97:8 "Zion" is a figurative term for God's children( those who love God and want to do His will). The psalm is about God's power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Psalm 29:1 Give unto the Lord, O ye mighty, give unto the Lord glory and strength.

This comes from David... it's the psalm of David.

KJ study Bible notes: "A thunderstorm is viewed in this psalm, not as a phenomenon of impersonal nature, but as an act of divine intervention. David opens the psalm by call for praise to the Lord (vv.1,2). He next describes the Lord's power in the storm: first over the sea (vv. 3,4), then over Lebanon (vv. 5,6), and finally over the wilderness (vv. 7,9). The concluding verses of the psalm appropriately express the application of God's power to His people. (vv. 10, 11.)"

and the last verse 10-11: The Lord sitteth upon the flood; yeah, the Lord sitteth King forever. The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace."

God is all powerful and when we act upon His will then so are we. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthen me." Philippians 4:13.

Chocolate_muscovy..
thumbsup.gif

and I agree..sometimes if you back up and read the entire chapter, sometimes more, it will be easier to understand..taking verses out of context causes a lot of misunderstanding too.

did I read that you don't have a Bible..if not, it would probably help a lot to get one..also if you can get the Strongs Concordance (maybe the library?) it will help you tremendously.

Proverbs 20:11 Even a child is known by his doings?

The purpose of this book is to show the reader how to live life wisely or skillfully.

The chapter starts with a warning as a father may sit down with his son and tell him, strong drinks will make you do stupid things like get into fights, if you don't get out there and work and your a sluggard than your crops won't be ready and you'll have nothing, don't cheat anyone because God hates it...and 11 says, "Even a child is known by his doings (what he does), whether his work be pure, and whether it be right."

God knows and sees all. So this book is teaching us rights from wrongs. Notes, "The way of wisdom or the way of folly."

Back
Top Bottom