Help! Rescue Rooster flying away!

I know this post was a long time ago but when my babys refuse to stay in their pen I clip one wing back and that slows them down
if you put them on their back in your lap and spread one of their wings there will be a row of smaller feathers close to the base of the big flying feathers I clip it a tiny bit longer than that eventually it will grow back and you will have to do it again if the problem persists and don't do this to show birds unless its an absolute must. its not a guaranty fix but it usually works with mine I do it for hens to if I have too but I give them a chance to see if they will stop

I know this post was a long time ago but when my babys refuse to stay in their pen I clip one wing back and that slows them down
if you put them on their back in your lap and spread one of their wings there will be a row of smaller feathers close to the base of the big flying feathers I clip it a tiny bit longer than that eventually it will grow back and you will have to do it again if the problem persists and don't do this to show birds unless its an absolute must. its not a guaranty fix but it usually works with mine I do it for hens to if I have too but I give them a chance to see if they will stop
Thanks! I’m going to give him a few more days, hope for the best and let them out. If he does it again I’ll do a lite clipping like you said and repeat lol.

5ECA33DE-1787-441A-B7EF-6B7AAD2BE75E.jpeg

My jerk cockerel :idunno hoping his attitude shifts soon :hmm

Attachments

• D814BD41-D313-4922-9F24-479D219E7B25.jpeg
    D814BD41-D313-4922-9F24-479D219E7B25.jpeg
    549.8 KB · Views: 2
Haha! That’s funny! I’m glad I’m not the only one.
I totally wasn’t expecting a rooster to full on fly so the first reaction was just ‘awe’, then like ooohhh shoot how do we fix this (since he was high up in a tree in the middle of the woods surrounded by water) completely unreachable lol. Definitely luck that we got him back.

I’m not sure what this little guy is, I know he came from TSC labeled “bantams” ‍
I believe he is a Old English Game (OEG) bantam.
His color is called silver duckwing.
He’s a pretty guy!

lol I feel stupid I read the wrong date for the post I thought this was made in like 2012 XDXDXD
is the silkie roo mean to humans?
lol! it's all good!
Yeahhh he tests us almost everyday. I've never been scared of an animal but I am of him. He charged me one morning during feeding and I've been nervous since

Back
Top Bottom