Help! Rescue Rooster flying away!

Pics
I know your a long ways away from me but if we can figure out a way I can take him if your scared of him. I run a rooster rescue and I am used to dealing with mean roosters and I can usually train the mean out of them. maybe not completely but enough that he wont attack often.

I'll keep that in mind if things go south! he's a cutie thats for sure.

I've only won once,.. He caught me off guard one AM and I wasn't armed lol. These past two days seemed to have better. I wonder if he heard me talking smack about him :p:lol::p
Well you might not be armed but your legged
You have to watch his body language. He will start pecking at the ground like he’s not paying attention to you and he might move sideways at you slowly before he attacks but he is trying to catch you off guard that’s his goal. Just don’t turn your back on him and when he attackes you you have to stay and smack him and run at him until he starts running from you. That is submission

Well you might not be armed but your legged
You have to watch his body language. He will start pecking at the ground like he’s not paying attention to you and he might move sideways at you slowly before he attacks but he is trying to catch you off guard that’s his goal. Just don’t turn your back on him and when he attackes you you have to stay and smack him and run at him until he starts running from you. That is submission

Sweet, thanks! That’s great advice - I’ll take it! I was just out in the yard with the flock and he kept his eye on me the whole time but didn’t seem to try anything either

Sweet, thanks! That’s great advice - I’ll take it! I was just out in the yard with the flock and he kept his eye on me the whole time but didn’t seem to try anything either
mean roos are scary. I start shaking when I am about to go deal with a new mean rooster.. I just got a new one last week and he scares the crap out of me I dressed up in "battle gear"(2 pairs of pants, dish towels and ace wraps around the top of my rain boots,2 sweatshirts, a leather duster and gloves XD) I was completely prepared. the lady that dropped him off told and showed me all the puncture wounds and bruises on her legs from him and I was not about to let that happen to me. the first few times I went out he didn't get me then the day before yesterday I miss read his body language and I thought he was going over to the fence to pace it with Mr.FrizzlePants and I turned my back to get an egg and the second I turned away from him he spurred me in the shin! they know when the best time to attack is and he got a firm kick across the pen. last night at bed time he hopped the fence into Mr.Frizzlepants pen to go after frizz (frizz won that one... like usual) and then he flared up his neck at me to attack and as he was coming at me I grabbed a stick and got him in the chest and he hasn't challenged me sense but that was last night so he'll probably grow a pair again...
IMG_7006.JPG

don't let is sweet face fool you!!!

mean roos are scary. I start shaking when I am about to go deal with a new mean rooster.. I just got a new one last week and he scares the crap out of me I dressed up in "battle gear"(2 pairs of pants, dish towels and ace wraps around the top of my rain boots,2 sweatshirts, a leather duster and gloves XD) I was completely prepared. the lady that dropped him off told and showed me all the puncture wounds and bruises on her legs from him and I was not about to let that happen to me. the first few times I went out he didn't get me then the day before yesterday I miss read his body language and I thought he was going over to the fence to pace it with Mr.FrizzlePants and I turned my back to get an egg and the second I turned away from him he spurred me in the shin! they know when the best time to attack is and he got a firm kick across the pen. last night at bed time he hopped the fence into Mr.Frizzlepants pen to go after frizz (frizz won that one... like usual) and then he flared up his neck at me to attack and as he was coming at me I grabbed a stick and got him in the chest and he hasn't challenged me sense but that was last night so he'll probably grow a pair again...
View attachment 1437849
don't let is sweet face fool you!!!
so pretty!!!
that is scary lol. I don't know how you do it - props!
My new guy is (luckily) a sweetie. After I caught him when he got away he fell asleep in the car on the ride home in my hands. Then last night I was sitting outside with debrah asleep on one arm, he jumped up on the other and just chilled with us. ^.^

so pretty!!!
that is scary lol. I don't know how you do it - props!
My new guy is (luckily) a sweetie. After I caught him when he got away he fell asleep in the car on the ride home in my hands. Then last night I was sitting outside with debrah asleep on one arm, he jumped up on the other and just chilled with us. ^.^
Aweeeee<3<3
A couple new boys I have follow me everywhere. They don’t really want to be touched but they want to be around me.

Back
Top Bottom