HELP! Respiratory illness

Adil_Ali

Chirping
Jul 3, 2020
Hey there, about 4-5 days ago one of my hens got really weak and sick, however it showed no sign of respiratory illness. I dewormed the entire flock, and gave all of them a easy-going basic antibiotic. The course for the antibiotic is over. However my rooster develop respiratory illness. He isn’t coughing, but you can sense that he has a stuffy nose. He is sort of weak as well. Should I put him on stronger antibiotics against respiratory illness starting today. Or should I wait a day. I just don’t want to wait, and then it becomes too late.

Cheers,

Since respiratory diseases in chickens can vary from a virus, to a bacterial disease or fungal disease, symptoms are important. Did you see bubbles in eyes, swollen eyelid, sneezing, rattles when breathing, gasping, or other symptoms? Antibiotics will not treat a virus or fungal disease. What is your location? What mild antibiotic did you use?

Since respiratory diseases in chickens can vary from a virus, to a bacterial disease or fungal disease, symptoms are important. Did you see bubbles in eyes, swollen eyelid, sneezing, rattles when breathing, gasping, or other symptoms? Antibiotics will not treat a virus or fungal disease. What is your location? What mild antibiotic did you use?
there were no bubbles in the eyes, occasional sneezing, rattles while breathing was there, no gasping, and fecal matter was a good solid consistency, he is better now, I've given him an antibiotic and he's back to normal

thanks
Adil

Back
Top Bottom