HELP! Rooster is ill

TheChickHouse

Hatching
Jan 25, 2021
Hi, my rooster is limp and keeps having seizures and randomly gasping for air. I found him wet with frost on his tail feathers. I brought him in and warmed him up. Once he was worm for a few hours he started to seize. He rolls his head around and opens his eyes a little to look at me. He has not eaten in 12 hours and can not eat or drink. I doubt he will make it but I would like some advice to try and save him and/or comfort him until he dies. Have any ideas on whats going on?

Hi, my rooster is limp and keeps having seizures and randomly gasping for air. I found him wet with frost on his tail feathers. I brought him in and warmed him up. Once he was worm for a few hours he started to seize. He rolls his head around and opens his eyes a little to look at me. He has not eaten in 12 hours and can not eat or drink. I doubt he will make it but I would like some advice to try and save him and/or comfort him until he dies. Have any ideas on whats going on?

Hey I lost my baby chick with the same symptoms we suspect that he ate something that clogged his wind pipe or food pipe unfortunately he didn't make it he also can't eat drink Only gasp air and rolled side by sife by flapping upside down idk if this is seizure or something else

Hey I lost my baby chick with the same symptoms we suspect that he ate something that clogged his wind pipe or food pipe unfortunately he didn't make it he also can't eat drink Only gasp air and rolled side by sife by flapping upside down idk if this is seizure or something else
He can breathe fine, he just randomly gasps. Should i give him a blanket to lay on to keep him comfortable?

Do a physical checkup on your rooster, eyes, nostril, crop, skin, butt area, legs, and bottom feet. And report back your findings. Also check inside his mouth for any signs of fungus growth or anything usual.

Do a physical checkup on your rooster, eyes, nostril, crop, skin, butt area, legs, and bottom feet. And report back your findings. Also check inside his mouth for any signs of fungus growth or anything usual.
everything looks good, he has started making some whine like noises

UPDATE! Favorite is doing better and he is eating and drinking. Thank you all for your concern and support!

Attachments

• rooster.jpg
    rooster.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom