Help Sexing My Button Quail *PICS * And More Questions

BirdBoy88

Angel Egg
12 Years
Dec 26, 2007
Maryland
Ok my button quails are 6 weeks old now and i'm still having a hard time telling who's male and who's female so here are some pics of the ones i think are male but if i'm wrong please feel free to correct me
smile.png
"note " the white/silver quail reason i think it's a male is because i notice it likes to start fights with the other quails

5429_2008_0820buttonquail0002.jpg

5429_2008_0820buttonquail0003.jpg

5429_2008_0820buttonquail0006.jpg

And i just started to notice that some of the quails are starting to fight each other a little bit is that ok? what could be the reason?

Last edited:
I could be wrong but i think the silver one DOES look like a male, as well as the last picture and the picture above the last i think all of those are males, the othersi have no clue....

that blue faced OMG....GIMMIE!
big_smile.png

also they could be fighting because there may be too many males together??? Or too little of room is that tank they're in the one they stay in perminantly? If so, that's probably the reason...what size is it?

Button quail have a white like necklace around there neck. the last pic is definately a boy. the silver one is hard to tell in the pic and the others are girls. Hope that helps. I can not answer the last question i only have two a male and a female.

True not all males have the white necklace thats why it's hard for me to tell i no for a fact i have more than one male and no thats not the tank they live in they live in a aviary
smile.png

i have a few of them with the dark blueish face look????

Quote:
i would assume from that website I put up on this post that all the blue faced ones would be males...but who knows..according to that site the females are a very dark dark brown with the normal patterining. That blue face is it a cinnomon blue face?
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom