Help sexing Salmon Favorelle

dannieraeplus3

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2015

My Penelope is about 5wks old...from everything i have read i still think she is a pullet...sweetest thing..but just wondering if anyone can help me to be more sure?

Thanks

Males get a black chest. This chick looks like it's got some black on the chest already, so I'm guessing it's a boy.

Thank you! "She" lol has been pretty much salmon and light colored since she was a baby but now some darker coming in...i got "her" straight run before i knew what that was

I think it may be female. Males are usually completely black-breasted, and she has an awful lot of white. Sometimes hatchery pullets have a few dark feathers. Also, her beard appears to be coming in pretty white, and males generally have black beards as well as the black breast. That comb also looks tiny and pale.
I'm thinking pullet, but you could post on the "Salmon Faverolles" thread as well to be sure :)

Last edited:
I think it may be female. Males are usually completely black-breasted, and she has an awful lot of white. Sometimes hatchery pullets have a few dark feathers. Also, her beard appears to be coming in pretty white, and males generally have black beards as well as the black breast. That comb also looks tiny and pale.
I'm thinking pullet, but you could post on the "Salmon Faverolles" thread as well to be sure :)

I'm hoping she is a girl
1f60a.png
i said no roos but after falling in love with them i don't think i could get rid of any...but i am hoping so we can have plenty of eggs..i have 11 chicks and 12 is the limit where we live

Back
Top Bottom