Help!!! Sick Chick?

cicknmama

Songster
5 Years
Sep 23, 2014
Hardin, Montana

Anyone know what this and what I can do to help my baby orp. Noticed this morning she was irritated and scatching at her neck and making it bleed. I immediately took her out of the brooder and applied a triple antibiotic. The scratching is a little better and she has settled down on my shoulder to sleep, but seems very agitated with her pin feathers. I checked her skin around her vent and it seems fine. She has a raised patch of skin on the top of her head best way I can describe is psoriasis. ..I posted this in emergencies but nobody has reponded..help I'm desperate.

I can't tell by the photo. Is it big or is that blood on her fluff? She may be having an allergic reaction to something. I would just keep it clean and antibiotic ointment a couple times a day and see how it does. They are pretty tough little peepers.

I can't tell by the photo. Is it big or is that blood on her fluff? She may be having an allergic reaction to something. I would just keep it clean and antibiotic ointment a couple times a day and see how it does. They are pretty tough little peepers.
That's what i was thinking also. Yes, it's the whole side of her neck up to her ear. I'm having my hubby pick up some sav a chick probiotics and vitamins to boost her immune system. And will continue the topical antibiotic. ..thanks

You can use the sport bandage. It won't stick to feathers, fluff

Tried a bandage, she just flung it off. She isn't doing any better, in fact it looks worse. Looks to be spreading and the skin looks like it's dying. Also has an odor. I have her on sav a chick probiotic, vitamins and washing it 3 day with peroxide/water solution. Could this be a staph Infection? Should I be giving her antibiotics? She scratches it till it bleeds and screams in pain when she scratches. Getting very worried but can't afford a vet bill. I have more pictures posted in the emergency section, but can't seem to get anyone to respond.

I would quit with the peroxide it might be spreading it and it also is harsh on the new skin trying to heal. You can get some type of antibiotic from the feed/farm store. You do have to try to cover is so she quits scratching. Is she eating and drinking?

I would quit with the peroxide it might be spreading it and it also is harsh on the new skin trying to heal. You can get some type of antibiotic from the feed/farm store. You do have to try to cover is so she quits scratching. Is she eating and drinking?

Yes, she is eating and drinking and seems fine otherwise. I was using a VERY watered down peroxide and water solution. Seemed to dry it up a bit. I will get an antibiotic today at the feed store and maybe they will have a suggestion on how to bandage it. Any ideas what it may be?

Back
Top Bottom