Help! Sick day old chick

Could this have possibly been mycoplasma synoviae? And the first chick passing spread to this second chick that is now not doing well. I am asking because of the way the foot looked on the first one, and the eyes were unable to open. What do I do? I'm worried because I did not quarantine this new ill chick and they are most likely all infected now if that's the case. I am very worried if anyone has any insight. Thanks.
And then if these chicks make it I don't want it spread to my flock of hens outside.

What does the foot look like now?
She's passed away unfortunately. The other weak chick her feet are normal. I'm getting crushed up chick start with egg yolk into her with a dropper as well as water. And she's under her own heat lamp because I felt like the brooder plate wasn't getting her to the right temp. Still no progress at all but really hoping she pulls through.

I hope that the second weak chick makes it. Sorry for your loss. Did you get a large shipment of chicks or just a few? Where did the chicks come from?
Thank you. She did perk up for a few minutes but now is a bit wobbly again. How do I know when it's enough food and water? Her crop seems fairly full. I don't want to underdo it or over do it. I got 16 from meyer hatchery. This is the first time I've had an issue, but it is cold and shipment took a day longer than it usually does. I won't do an order in winter again, I don't think.

I have received the same number of chicks from Meyer years ago, but mine cam the first week of April. All chicks in 2 shipments were fine except for a couple of cases of pasty butt. I do try to buy chicks from the closest hatchery to me, which cuts down on shipping times. But the post office moves slower these days. Let us know how they get along.

Back
Top Bottom