Help sick hen

Oh I did just introduce her to my pullets .. cocci could be a possibility? Would the chicks still be able to pass it if they are on medicated feed?

Maybe check and see if anything is obstructing he throat ....
I'd gently rub his neck , and his crop...?
I'm guessing... but these are the things I would do....
Check for mites..... they kill a bird quick...
check droppings....
wish you the best..!

My golden laced polish gen has clear/ green/ white watery diarrhea. ( I'm keeping her back end clean but it's a mess) she's depressed with droopy wings and not moving much, hasn't payed an egg all week ( normally produces 3 per week) and her appetite is decreased. I know very little about chickens as I've only had them 2 months any advice is appreciated.
Is her vent area bloated? Can you feel around in that area and maybe feel an egg in there?

One would think he's be okay around young ones.... hes been outdoor,... so should be able to handle that....
but I'm not positive... would think that I'd be more worried about chicks, or birds under 7 months, getting coccidiosis...

One would think he's be okay around young ones.... hes been outdoor,... so should be able to handle that....
but I'm not positive... would think that I'd be more worried about chicks, or birds under 7 months, getting coccidiosis...
I've got a hen, that rooster posted above isn't mine. Yeah the chicks were treated for 5 days with corid and are on medicated feed

Is her vent area bloated? Can you feel around in that area and maybe feel an egg in there?
I'll check tonight.. it didn't look bloated but I didn't feel it. Looked normal including the skin, currently no redness or irritation. If it is bloated what can I do?

Back
Top Bottom