Help! Something just killed 7 layers!!! (Picture that might be considered graphic)

I would think weasle they kill for sport.
Pretty sure this was one or more dogs playing with the hens, aka killing for sport.
I've had a weasel. They kill to blood the hen, drink the blood then kill another one. They never take out the whole coop unless you are down to under 3 birds, 2 or 3 good sized birds a night, or 5 pullets.
One weasel- took out 14 australorp pullets and I think 5 adult birds over a period of a couple of weeks at my place in 2012. I learned to weasel proof the coop, left my dogs outdoors surrounding it at night for a month and the deaths stopped.

Because foxes mate for life and have kits in the spring I suspect they would have taken at least one of the bodies after killing them all so my guess its a dog.If whatever killed them lined them up like this(and it wasn't you) then you have a weasel on your hands. Spring is one of the worst times for predator attacks but this looks like a domestic dog.

DOG made game and wallered them to death.More than likely your close neighbors dog that you have patted on the head before.To him just play .As for chickens it was their demise.Sorry for your loosing fowl that way.Buckle up it be back for more.

View attachment 3056277
My husband just found all these hens dead in our pasture. We have had hawks regularly killing and eating our chickens. They seem to attack once very couple of weeks. This attack took place in broad daylight. I’m including the pic because you can see the damage if you zoom in. We’ve had fox in the past, but they usually shake the hen, breaking the neck and then carrying them off. Only if you catch them during the attack will they leave the hen behind. If you have any clue as to what might have done this, please share. Thanks.
Hi, Im from New Zealand and have had stoats kill our guinea pigs in the past, they chewed through the back of their necks, almost decapitating them. I see one hen has her head gone! Do you have stoats around your area?

Yep, I see it erroneously posted on here a lot that foxes only grab one and go. When in truth they will often kill as many as they can. Being smart little critters it most likely depends on what they think they can get away with at the time.
Foxes will kill as many as they can, take one away then come back for the others but man being man they will discover the kill and the fox will not be able to get to them. Foxes are the type of animal that if it finds food it will make a pantry of as much of that food that it can. Hence a chicken run full of chickens is a good supply of food for the fox, get in kill them all, then take them away and bury them for later.

Back
Top Bottom