HELP STICK FLEAS!!

seramamama17

In the Brooder
Mar 8, 2017
Hudson, Florida
So I was told that DE would help with the fleas and it worked and for a little while now they are back in full force and I can't get them under control what is the best way to get them of my chickens/chicks and out of the coop and a good preventative that will keep them off! I am open to anything right about now.

It might take a really long time to get rid of those, and it's going to require some serious coop cleaning, too. Try dosing them with pour on Ivermectin, and clean out the coop really well and dust it all down with Sevin dust to kill any fleas that may be in there. You can dust the birds, too. You can also try covering them in Vaseline to smother them out. Frontline instead of Ivermectin is another option - it has been found to work well if you put one drop on each bird on the skin on the back of the neck.

You're probably going to have to repeat whatever you choose to do several times to kill the new fleas as they hatch. Eggs take a couple weeks to hatch and you probably have several stages of eggs, so be prepared that this may go on a while.

This will affect other animals too, like dogs and cats, horses, rabbits, and even humans, so I'd be trying to get rid of them ASAP.

Yes that is the goal to get them gone asap but when I thought they were gone they came back even worse but what I have been doing hasnt been working I will give what you said a shot and go from there though so thank you

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom